Dun Running? Try Dun Run II - 1st October 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Looked a really great ride. I feel ashamed to have missed it.
I'm absolutely gutted. I'll know next time. Great photos chaps, and a fantastic array of lights. One can only feel sorry for anything coming the other way.

sjt

Über Member
Thank you, Knight Riders and Bright Young Things. I shall live in Hope. Don Paterson gets the last word on this:

My time here has not afforded me much enlightenment. But my night vision has improved tremendously.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Wonderful pics. I'm quite envious. But I think I would have struggled with the 110-odd miles TBH. Next time...

PS: Sudocreme helps tremendously when applied before a ride, Stu. :thumbsup: Don't ask how I know this...

Hope you are feeling comfortable Stu...I did notice in the Parker Intl. blurb that comes by email, that they are selling an 'Assos' cream for just what I think you may have been experiencing. In years past, when I used to cycle in very hot weather, the best thing was, and probably still is, Assos cream. Expensive but good. Sometimes it was worth applying it just for fun...:whistle:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hope you are feeling comfortable Stu...I did notice in the Parker Intl. blurb that comes by email, that they are selling an 'Assos' cream for just what I think you may have been experiencing. In years past, when I used to cycle in very hot weather, the best thing was, and probably still is, Assos cream. Expensive but good. Sometimes it was worth applying it just for fun...:whistle:

Ah! You mean Minty Arse-Lard... ©Kirstie

That is going to require the application of the mind bleach.

Nope. More Creme de la Merde :smile: Cycling without weals is 'way to go' Adrian!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

As the wound's not cleared up yet (and it is a wound rather than a sore- well, at least now) I went to the GP this morning. Triage nurse (herself a cyclist) said the skin was really dry, in part due to the Sudocrem. E45 etc is what it needs. So, hopefully, that'll finally sort it out......

As the wound's not cleared up yet (and it is a wound rather than a sore- well, at least now) I went to the GP this morning. Triage nurse (herself a cyclist) said the skin was really dry, in part due to the Sudocrem. E45 etc is what it needs. So, hopefully, that'll finally sort it out......

Does she ride a three -wheeler perchance?

in part due to the Sudocrem
:headshake: - never heard of it causing dry skin before...live and learn I guess. I thought an E45 was what you needed when one got dry skin in an EC country, but that's an E 111 isn't it...silly me. Get well soothen Stuart's derriere!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Does she ride a three -wheeler perchance?
Pass :smile:
:headshake: - never heard of it causing dry skin before...live and learn I guess. I thought an E45 was what you needed when one got dry skin in an EC country, but that's an E 111 isn't it...silly me. Get well soothen Stuart's derriere!

I suppose that although it contains lanolin- itself a moisturiser- as a whole, Sudocrem is supposed to leave the skin drier as the various conditions it treats all thrive in damp conditions. And the wound is on the thigh, btw....

Top Bottom