Dunking biscuits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's your favourite dunking biscuit and what do you dunk in? Does it have to be tea or will coffee be an acceptable dunking medium?

I'm currently dunking chocolate oatcake in coffee. It kind of works for me but I'm not a big dunker.

Trivial enquiry for fun. No wrong answer AFAIK. You could prove me wrong with a horrible combination like single malt and pink wafer biscuit for example. 😆

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I haven't dunked biscuits for years but when I did my favourite was milk chocolate digestives dunked in tea.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I drink far more coffee than tea, these days but it doesn’t quite facilitate the dunking quite as well. Ideal scenario is chocolate coated malted milks into tea but coffee with anything rough dunked in like cookies or hob nobs is acceptable.

Shortbread fingers dunked in English Breakfast tea.

cheys03

Veteran
Shortbread fingers dunked in English Breakfast tea.
Sounds risky!

Chocolate hobnobs dipped in cold whole milk. The stronger willed will only eat half the pack of biscuits before wrapping them back up and returning to the cupboard. I’ve never managed it.

I never drink tea but I like dunking a biscuit in milky coffee. The best I've ever had was some sort of very hard 'breakfast biscuit' I found in Malaysia; it became just right after being dunked and held for a (very) few seconds; its toasted, malty but scarcely-sweet flavour was only enhanced by the coffee and even when I held the second biscuit in too long so it parted company from its drier half and flopped into the coffee cup, it stuck together well enough for me to spoon it out in one piece.

I've never come across those biscuits again. 😢

Top Bottom