Dunking biscuits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Crumble with custard is the hiding place of too many food criminals.
They function on the premise that because it's traditional they produce their version and we have to eat it!
No sugar, acid laden, part cooked apple and the devil's vomit, custard. At school it was generally accepted that the cooks substituted turnip for apples.
Not since I left school and bought my own food.
You can gorge yourselves into oblivion at my funeral.

Actually, I never put custard on desserts, but the majority seem to find it heavenly.
Maybe if it's home-made custard, not out of a packet/tin/carton.

Am more of a double-cream man myself. Or ice cream. Sometimes both. Ok, usually both.

Tea for people who don't like tea!
My one negative about Captain Jean-Luc Picard, but then he's supposed to be French, really...
:biggrin:

In that case, how about prune juice... :whistle:

But no, I find Earl Grey too perfumed. I prefer a more malty and earthy brew, so something like an English Breakfast. People get sniffy about African teas, but I rather like them as they have a nice, savoury "oomph" to them.

But no, I find Earl Grey too perfumed. I prefer a more malty and earthy brew, so something like an English Breakfast. People get sniffy about African teas, but I rather like them as they have a nice, savoury "oomph" to them.
Prune juice an absolute no-no. Only Worf likes prune juice...
My folks used to live in Malawi, in the DrBanda years. It was dictatorial, but they were a rich country that expirted food, almost unique on the continent. Tea was a biggie, black, strong, no-frills Malawi Tea. We got some whenever possible, but that's ancient history now. African tea is the biz.

Prune juice an absolute no-no. Only Worf likes prune juice...

Well, since neither of us are Klingon warriors... Maybe some Hot Jala is more your cup of, umm, tea... ;)

My folks used to live in Malawi, in the DrBanda years. It was dictatorial, but they were a rich country that expirted food, almost unique on the continent. Tea was a biggie, black, strong, no-frills Malawi Tea. We got some whenever possible, but that's ancient history now. African tea is the biz.

That Malawi tea sounds good. :okay: My usual English Breakfast blend (Tesco Finest) is a mix of Kenyan and Assam. :cuppa:

My late father would refuse to drink African tea. It was mostly Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong and, for a bit of variety, Darjeeling.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Don't like soggy biscuits? I think of tea with the same level m of dislike.

Decade or so ago I decided I would give tea a chance. I realised that I had to go completely cold turkey on coffee to give it a fair go. In the end I drank nothing but tea as a hot drink for 18 months plus. It's even drink tea in a pub after a walk with mates! I was totally dedicated to giving tea a chance.

Then I decided I was suitably used to tea and could switch it quite happily with coffee and back as I felt at the time. One cup of coffee 10 off tea became one cup of coffee to 5 teas and then I cut the carp and stopped drinking tea, it simply isn't a patch on your quality coffee (even mediocre coffee).

I can quite honestly say, with pride, I'm 15 years free of tea and feel great about it!

Disclaimer- I still feel a longing to be able T68 appreciate infused leaves types of drinks. You know the fancy tisanes and the like. Even weird regional brews like Argentinian (and other South American countries) yerba mate. I've tried hard to give that a go once too but coffee calls me back!

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
BTW you really would not dunk in yerba mate but it does come in many "flavours" with added herbals such as guarana if you need energy!

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Not fussy but ultimate for me is choc hobnobs (or the local supermarket variety) dunked in coffee, foxs viennese are a close second

Gwylan

Veteran

Tea in the Pakistan side of the Sind desert is tea to remember. Just love it or hate it, but courtesy demmand Brewed with local tea, camel milk or straight from the cow and cardamom and other spices.
Need to bring your own cup or face sharing cups. Food hygiene is a development yet to make too many inroads in this part of the world
Took some effort on my return to evict the worms that I'd gathered on the trip

Gwylan

Veteran
Tea with cardamom is lovely.

Well, proper chai is, at any rate... :blush:

Yes, but needing an armed guard and not moving once the sun starts to set tends to take the gloss off.

Being there in Ramadan, being polite to your team and for obvious reasons being as invisible as possible takes its toll.

Yes, but needing an armed guard and not moving once the sun starts to set tends to take the gloss off.

Being there in Ramadan, being polite to your team and for obvious reasons being as invisible as possible takes its toll.

Never having experienced that, I can't exactly comment.

But I *did* learn how to make good chai from a university friend who hailed from Karachi. She taught me how to make a mean curry as well. :becool:

Gwylan

Veteran
Never having experienced that, I can't exactly comment.

But I *did* learn how to make good chai from a university friend who hailed from Karachi. She taught me how to make a mean curry as well. :becool:

Wonderful.

Back in the day in Karachi I white, obviously not a local, dressed like a local.
That worked well, the Russians wore Levi's and perspired. Dark hair, bit of a tan and a bushy beard meant you blended better.

But the killer was at night. Locals stole the manhole covers and the cable from the street lights. If you had to go out then you kept a sharp lookout for the missing covers.
Or took a local 3 wheeled rickshaw taxi thing. Usually drive n by an Afghan off his face on something.
Oh the joy of travel....

Wonderful.

Back in the day in Karachi I white, obviously not a local, dressed like a local.
That worked well, the Russians wore Levi's and perspired. Dark hair, bit of a tan and a bushy beard meant you blended better.

But the killer was at night. Locals stole the manhole covers and the cable from the street lights. If you had to go out then you kept a sharp lookout for the missing covers.
Or took a local 3 wheeled rickshaw taxi thing. Usually drive n by an Afghan off his face on something.
Oh the joy of travel....

I prefer my travels to be culinary ones - from the safety of my kitchen. :blush:

:hungry:

Top Bottom