1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by Andrew_Culture, 6 Jul 2013.

1. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

I didn't manage to make it to this ride last year but I'm definitely up for it this year. I have just booked my train ticket and will be leaving Ipswich station at 17.43.

The date is Saturday 20th July 2013

Who else is going?

If you don't know what the Dun Run is all about have a look here - http://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/dunwich-dynamo-ride

4F likes this.
  2. compo

compo Veteran

I am doing it, only I will be joining the ride at Epping. By the time I get to Epping I wont be far off the distance as if I had got to the start at Hackney.
    Good luck with it. Have you seen the DD page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DunwichDynamo/

3. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

Hopefully see you along the route, although I'm not sure I know what you look like :smile:

Just spotted and joined the group ta.

4. compo

compo Veteran

You can't miss me. You will think I am a roundabout. I am taking a little cooker and eggs and bacon to fry up on the beach at Dunwich thus avoiding the half hour queue at the cafe, and just for a bit of a laugh really!

5. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

In that case I shall definitely have to make sure I find you ;)

6. compo

compo Veteran

I am looking at about 12 hours total time, including stops so you will probably be well ahead of me.

7. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

I'm still recovering some damaged ribs following an 'off', I currently can't sit or stand unsupported for more than a few minutes without feeling like I've been knifed in the back. Riding is fine for some reason!

8. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

In, provisionally (ticket from Diss on the 1317 booked). This will be my second DD. First time around in '11 I kept faffing on the ride to a minimum and made the beach in just under nine hours (tailwind...which meant the ride to Ipswich was slow, allowed three hours but nearly didn't make the train). Hopefully same sort of performance this time...

9. Broadside

Broadside Veteran

I'm doing it this year, have got a train ticket booked (but no bike reservation) on the 1741 from Halesworth nearish Southwold getting in to Liverpool St at 1955. My £8 contingency is another train ticket this time with a bike booking getting in at 2055 but I wonder if this is cutting it a bit fine, it just depends on when the bats leave the cave at London Fields...

It looks like I will be a fair bit behind you guys?

10. compo

compo Veteran

People leave at odd times well after the advertised start (and before), some when the pubs close!. I am sure you wont be alone on the road.

11. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Yep I am in, leaving Ipswich at 10 am on Saturday :bicycle:

Andrew_Culture likes this.
  12. TheJDog

TheJDog dingo's kidneys

I'm doing it. Did the ride in the daytime a few months ago to see how it would go, and tbh, I'm not looking forward to the all night ride.

Andrew_Culture likes this.
  13. mattobrien

mattobrien Veteran

I'm not looking likely for this year due to it being on the first anniversary of the passing of my FiL. Disappointed not to be doing it, but there'll always be next year, when the dates won't clash.

Mentally planning to do the Essex 100 on the 1st September as my next 100 miler, unless I am able to tempt @Andrew_Culture & @4F for a bit of an informal run out

14. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Shame Matt, cheeky 100 miler sounds good but for me it will be mid Sept at the earliest before I am free

15. OP
    OP
    Andrew_Culture

I'm up for a ride this Sunday AM, possibly not 100 miles though.