England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I am doing it, only I will be joining the ride at Epping. By the time I get to Epping I wont be far off the distance as if I had got to the start at Hackney.
Good luck with it. Have you seen the DD page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DunwichDynamo/

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I am doing it, only I will be joining the ride at Epping. By the time I get to Epping I wont be far off the distance as if I had got to the start at Hackney.
Good luck with it. Have you seen the DD page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DunwichDynamo/

Hopefully see you along the route, although I'm not sure I know what you look like :smile:

Just spotted and joined the group ta.

compo

Veteran
You can't miss me. You will think I am a roundabout. I am taking a little cooker and eggs and bacon to fry up on the beach at Dunwich thus avoiding the half hour queue at the cafe, and just for a bit of a laugh really!

compo

Veteran
I am looking at about 12 hours total time, including stops so you will probably be well ahead of me.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
In, provisionally (ticket from Diss on the 1317 booked). This will be my second DD. First time around in '11 I kept faffing on the ride to a minimum and made the beach in just under nine hours (tailwind...which meant the ride to Ipswich was slow, allowed three hours but nearly didn't make the train). Hopefully same sort of performance this time...

Broadside

Guru
I'm doing it this year, have got a train ticket booked (but no bike reservation) on the 1741 from Halesworth nearish Southwold getting in to Liverpool St at 1955. My £8 contingency is another train ticket this time with a bike booking getting in at 2055 but I wonder if this is cutting it a bit fine, it just depends on when the bats leave the cave at London Fields...

It looks like I will be a fair bit behind you guys?

compo

Veteran
I'm doing it this year, have got a train ticket booked (but no bike reservation) on the 1741 from Halesworth nearish Southwold getting in to Liverpool St at 1955. My £8 contingency is another train ticket this time with a bike booking getting in at 2055 but I wonder if this is cutting it a bit fine, it just depends on when the bats leave the cave at London Fields...

It looks like I will be a fair bit behind you guys?

People leave at odd times well after the advertised start (and before), some when the pubs close!. I am sure you wont be alone on the road.

mattobrien

Guru
I'm not looking likely for this year due to it being on the first anniversary of the passing of my FiL. Disappointed not to be doing it, but there'll always be next year, when the dates won't clash.

Mentally planning to do the Essex 100 on the 1st September as my next 100 miler, unless I am able to tempt @Andrew_Culture & @4F for a bit of an informal run out

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Shame Matt, cheeky 100 miler sounds good but for me it will be mid Sept at the earliest before I am free

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm not looking likely for this year due to it being on the first anniversary of the passing of my FiL. Disappointed not to be doing it, but there'll always be next year, when the dates won't clash.

Mentally planning to do the Essex 100 on the 1st September as my next 100 miler, unless I am able to tempt @Andrew_Culture & @4F for a bit of an informal run out

I'm up for a ride this Sunday AM, possibly not 100 miles though.

Top Bottom