England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
I'm 90% sure I'm doing it. But it'll be a last minute thing and almost entirely dependent on the weather. This'll be my 4th time and I'll be riding back as usual. I'm putting the rack and bag on the bike and will be taking my own food etc. as the queues are always too long otherwise.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Watch out for someone on a nondescript geared bike riding with a bunch of people on fixies who are many years his younger - he'll be wearing CycleChat shorts. It will be me.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
Hi guys - I and a bunch of other guys are cycling to London from Norwich (yay!/eek!!). Does anyone know if there is a supply tent/feed station at the London Start. My plan is to only being supplies for the Norwich-London ride and stock up again for the way back.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hi guys - I and a bunch of other guys are cycling to London from Norwich (yay!/eek!!). Does anyone know if there is a supply tent/feed station at the London Start. My plan is to only being supplies for the Norwich-London ride and stock up again for the way back.

No there is not, however there is a pub :cheers: and quite a few shops etc in the area. I am cycling down from Ipswich and my plan is a 2 pub stop on the way down for food / water and then use my supplies for the DD

4F

I'm trying to plan my ride so I only have to take on water between London and Dunwich, which I'm hoping to be able to do at a couple of as yet unidentified places!

Here you go:
The Helmingham Bacon Roll stop is back again this year... Look for the signs at around 83 miles (or try to avoid the bikes and bodies if you're coming through a little later). Have a great ride!

4F

And you really cannot miss it..... In addition last year there was another on the way into Needham Market, one at Framlingham and a few others dotted around. Of course there is always the food stop at Sible Hedingham but I tend to give that a miss because of the queues.

Broadside

Guru
I need to cycle on to Southwold after completing the DD this year, I seem to remember that there is a footbridge across the River Blythe in to Southwold - is that right? I will be too early for the ferry so want to plan the quickest way from Dunwich to Southwold without using the A12, all local knowledge gratefully received :-)

compo

Veteran
I need to cycle on to Southwold after completing the DD this year, I seem to remember that there is a footbridge across the River Blythe in to Southwold - is that right? I will be too early for the ferry so want to plan the quickest way from Dunwich to Southwold without using the A12, all local knowledge gratefully received :-)

Yes, follow the river inland for a little way.

Top Bottom