England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Are you cafe'ing in Sudbury or being met. My daughter is meeting me with a hot pasta meal up by Springlands roundabout. I have to ring her from Castle Hedingham. It will be good to avoid the queues at the organised stops.

Hi, I've organised a food drop at a local bike shop which i'll pick up on the way through. Yes avoiding the queues is a good idea. I'm also dumping my car at dunwich & training it back to london so I have transport at the other end, swim stuff, and cooking bits for a breakfast. Again to avoid the queues. If you pm me I'll let you know my car reg and you'll be welcome to join us for a cuppa and a bacon roll if there's any left by then. Assuming we're in remotely the same time frame as yourself. :-).

compo

Veteran
Hi, I've organised a food drop at a local bike shop which i'll pick up on the way through. Yes avoiding the queues is a good idea. I'm also dumping my car at dunwich & training it back to london so I have transport at the other end, swim stuff, and cooking bits for a breakfast. Again to avoid the queues. If you pm me I'll let you know my car reg and you'll be welcome to join us for a cuppa and a bacon roll if there's any left by then. Assuming we're in remotely the same time frame as yourself. :-).

Thanks for the offer. I am being collected from Dunwich and returned to Harlow by my stepdaughter. I am also carrying a tiny camping cooker and the makings for a fry up in the morning on the beach. A meal at sudbury, hot drinks on the way plus a nice sausage roll from one of several vendors, coupled with the food I will be carrying for grazing and I certainly wont starve!

I may see you at the finish and will say hi again if I do!

Broadside

Guru
My plan is to leave London Fields at about 9:00pm and then stop at the village hall in Sible Hedingham, I remember it is very easy to miss but the queues for food in 2010 weren't too bad when I got there around 1:00am.

I will be riding a black and white Specialized bike and wearing blue/white Zipvit jersey and shorts, hopefully will bump in to some of you on the way!

rb58

Enigma
The village hall at Hedingham is usually signposted and if previous years are anything to go by there'll be a small lantern at the junction. However, it is very easy to miss so make a note of the village name (although I can never remember if it's Castle or Sible Hedingham). I plan to try the cafe in Sudbury mentioned above this time, but will be carrying my own food just in case. I expect to leave Hackney around 8.00pm.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The village hall at Hedingham is usually signposted and if previous years are anything to go by there'll be a small lantern at the junction. However, it is very easy to miss so make a note of the village name (although I can never remember if it's Castle or Sible Hedingham). I plan to try the cafe in Sudbury mentioned above this time, but will be carrying my own food just in case. I expect to leave Hackney around 8.00pm.
Sible Hedingham :smile:

Broadside

Guru
(SNIP) I expect to leave Hackney around 8.00pm.

It's a tricky one knowing what time to leave Hackney, I want to get going early but I also want to see sunrise during the ride and arrive in Dunwich in daylight, so with an hours stop and averaging something like 16mph leaving at 9:00pm should get me to Dunwich just after sunrise.

I remember there was a strange sort of cool atmosphere at the village hall in Hedingham (can't remember if it was Sible or Castle either...) If I miss the village hall then Sudbury will be my next stop, good to know it is an option!

rb58

Enigma
To be honest, I've never really enjoyed the half way stop. Too many people, too crowded and nowhere to sit. Cafe or a roadside bench for me I think. Anyone seen a weather forecast? Last time I looked there was a headwind forecast.

Broadside

Guru
Yes headwind (11 mph) but no rain, so long at it remains dry I'll be happy. 14c at the coldest point of the night so no need for gilet or arm warmers which leaves more space in the jersey pockets for food, ideal really :-)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I won't be stopping at the mid way point either (its single hedingham). The bacon roll stop at gosbeck 81 miles ish is a perfect alternative

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I have noooooo ideas about when I'll arrive in Dunwich but I do know this is a social ride not a leg blasting thrasher.

My wife just offered to be on standby to rescue me from Dunwich on Sunday morning :smile:

I'm wracking my brain to try and figure out what I might have to bargain with Compo to get in on his fry up :smile:

I'm seriously trying to figure out if I could arrange a couple of cans of Tyske on the beach :smile:

Broadside

Guru
I'm seriously trying to figure out if I could arrange a couple of cans of Tyske on the beach :smile:

I'm probably going to leave a bag at Dunwich on Sat afternoon with a towel and maybe a couple of cans of Adnams ale so I can freshen up with a swim and celebratory drink before finishing my ride in Southwold. If the bag goes missing then it will be no great loss but I remember really wanting to get in the water when I last completed the DD in 2010. That's the plan anyway...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
If I get to Dunwich early enough then I will go for the cafe, really depends in the queue. Another alternative is the pub (ship inn) which is opening earlier as well also doing breakfasts

Top Bottom