England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I feel like a meanie for screen-grabbing this, but this is what I'll be looking like tomorrow:

Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 19.56.57.png

iZaP

Über Member
I believe @4F is cycling from Felixstowe to London, then from London to Dunwich, then from Dunwich to Felixstowe. God speed sir.

It's a bit on the way back to London, but not that much :/

Reactions: 4F
Looks like I'm not doing it this year after all. I'm in Exeter for my son's graduation today and have decided to stay the weekend as it's so lovely. Have a good ride y'all!
Congratulations to your son, Ross. I have always found Dunwich a tad 'flashy'...a tad - oh I dunno, but it is a lovely ride to do in select company, rather than the endless pelotonitus (?) of red lights. Safe ride all - and if you see 'redjedi'...it's his round! :smile:

Reactions: 4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Yep round trip here, I am leaving mine at half 9 in the morning to meet up with another couple in Ipswich for the ride down, lunch at the pub in Finchingfield and then a gentle pace to Hackney with probably another pub stop. I will be in by CC top so give us a shout if you see me.

4F

Thanks 4F. This stop beats my plan of going to the 24 hour garage in Sudbury, and I'll be aiming for the Ship Inn in Dunwich rather than the Cafe.

Looking forward to doing this ride for the first time in a few years. I'll probably wear my CC jersey so feel free to shout hello at me if anyone sees me.

Luke, seriously you should factor in the bacon roll stop at Gosbeck at about the 81 mile mark. Bacon to die for :hungry:

mizuno

Yep round trip here, I am leaving mine at half 9 in the morning to meet up with another couple in Ipswich for the ride down, lunch at the pub in Finchingfield and then a gentle pace to Hackney with probably another pub stop. I will be in by CC top so give us a shout if you see me.

So you're cycling to Dunwich, and then from Dunwich back to London with stops at Ipswich and Finchingfield, correct?

Anyone else doing London-Dunwich-London ?

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm ready to roll! I apologise in advance to anyone unfortunate enough to actually see me wearing the budgie-smugglers tied to the crossbar there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374327109.860692.jpg

dglsdms

I'm sad to have just fit a mudguard to my bike after all this weather, but the forecast suggests 'light drizzle possible' in the early hours.
I'll be doing this fixed after doing it with gears last night and starting to panic a bit now. I took a full Carradice last year which was slightly excessive, so trying to keep it all in a small saddle bag this year with everything else in jersey pockets. Also this year, I'm not taking gels! I am taking shot bloks, mind.

4F

And home, total on the clock 241.8 miles. A few mechanical issues, free hub got stuck after 50 miles and even the bike shop in Sudbury could not remove it.... Made some of the downhills interesting. And front brake get jamming for no real reason so had to stop a few times to free it

Top Bottom