England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Next time we should organise a van for c-chatters. Stick a tenner in and we can all have a fry up on the camp stove and a spin round suffolk dropping folks off. Simples! ^_^

Not the first time that's been done.
SteveVW organised one a couple years back.

Gords

Did anyone know the biker who left in an ambulance? About 10 miles (ish) from the end at around about 5:15 (i think).
Came off at the bottom of a hill going into a tight right hand corner? Was with my friends and only saw the stretcher going into the ambulance but looked serious...
First time doing the Dynamo and enjoyed it far more than I thought I would - great crowd of people and never having to look at a map took any stress away ^_^

compo

Veteran
Did anyone know the biker who left in an ambulance? About 10 miles (ish) from the end at around about 5:15 (i think).
Came off at the bottom of a hill going into a tight right hand corner? Was with my friends and only saw the stretcher going into the ambulance but looked serious...
First time doing the Dynamo and enjoyed it far more than I thought I would - great crowd of people and never having to look at a map took any stress away ^_^

He was taken to Lowestoft hospital and discharged later the same day so hopefully he was not too seriously injured.

Broadside

Guru
Wow some people put in some big miles on Sat night, I was proud of my 125 miles until I started recapping this thread!

I rolled in to Dunwich just before 5:00am, quick photo on the beach and then couldn't face chilling down in the cafe queue so cycled straight on to Southwold where I am staying for a holiday. I went via the A12 which was blissfully quiet apart from revellers stumbling out of the Latitude Festival at Blythburgh, I passed one couple very wide and said hello, they were stumbling all over the A12 almost using the full road width but seemed happy enough!

I saw the person that fell off, that is a nasty little lane towards the end of the ride and can catch the unwary out when tired, I'm guessing they over cooked it on the downhill and then went straight on in to the trees/hedge when they couldn't take the gravelly corner, there were people trying to fish them out as I passed around 4:00am.

All in all it was a great ride as always, the road closure for the Tortoise Conservation Retaining Wall project was amusing, did I imagine that because I was sleep deprived???

Lots of funny sights on the night and lots of good memories. It's an amazingly friendly ride from end to end, i was riding solo and met lots of good people it's the type of ride that doesn't really matter if you are not with friends. I always say I will never do it again as its a once only type of ride for me (done it twice now), but I probably will :-)

compo

Veteran
Just to be pedantic, he wouldn't have been taken to Lowestoft Hospital, as that is a community step down/up hospital with some out patient activity. It doesn't have an A&E or MIU. He'll have been taken to either Ipswich or JPUH at Gorleston.

Sorry - that's my old stomping ground and I know the hospital provision inside out.... :biggrin:

Well done to everyone who did the DD this year! I'll get round to doing it again some time...

Fair comment and correct.

I had spinal surgery at James Paget a few years ago so should have realised my error.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I got a 6th up the hill in Finchingfield! Yay!

We set off around 9:20 after all the faff with coach tickets, mostly cruised, and rolled up to the beach around 6. Luckily we had a guy on a heavier bike, and keeping to his pace made it pretty straightforward.

Legs only felt completely ok yesterday. My hands were fine on this run with drop bars. When I rode to dunwich before on a hybrid my hands were numb for four days after.

Reactions: 4F

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes I was on that one. Cool camper van and kids to sort food n drive. Need to return the favour. :thumbsup:. Reap what you sow n all that.

That was a great night.
Apart from Tynan nodding off, hitting a ditch and breaking his wheel - leading to everyone's breakfast being delayed, that is...
Hope you're keeping well, Biscuit. Maybe I'll make it again next year!

Biscuit

Legendary Member
I have a surprising number of non-cycling friends who want to do this ride next year.

Hi, yes me too. After my Sister phoned to say that she thought I was a fruit loop but would still meet me in the car park, she spent some time observing the variety of bods completing the ride at Dunwich, whilst I cooked breakfast from the back of the car.
After an hour she decided that next year she would definitely be taking part. She started riding to work this year and has now defo got the bug. :bicycle: ^_^

Wayne Tully

I got knocked off by another cyclist 65 miles in, had to cycle to Colchester hospital to get stitched up, will be back next year.

603002_10151736794504165_2010165910_n.jpg

Top Bottom