England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist

Brilliant write up. I'm quite jealous!

compo

Veteran
I got into the beach at Dunwich a few minutes after 6.00am. I am very pleased to report that apart from a couple of wrong turns the ride was completely uneventful. No issues with the bike which performed faultlesly and no issues with me, who also performed faultlesly :whistle: I had a lift home and got home middayish and went to bed for a few hours. Then started watching the TdF and nodded off, finally waking up at about 11pm so went to bed and slept through till 7:30 this morning. Hopefully I have caught up with my sleep!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I got into the beach at Dunwich a few minutes after 6.00am. I am very pleased to report that apart from a couple of wrong turns the ride was completely uneventful. No issues with the bike which performed faultlesly and no issues with me who, also performed faultlesly :whistle: I had a lift home and got home middayish and went to bed for a few hours. Then started watching the TdF and nodded off, finally waking up at about 11pm so went to bed and slept through till 7:30 this morning. Hopefully I have caught up with my sleep!

Sorry I didn't find you, I was chilled to the bone and started to feel ill so going home was my only focus :sad:

Biscuit

Legendary Member
I had a leisurely roll to Dunwich, via most of the stops, and rolled in at 8am to the sight of my sister waiting for me in the car park, with a pint of guiness in her hand.

The best DD yet I feel. Recovery day today. Kit everywhere in the house still and I'm yet to have a bath! Yes I'm single! Ha ha.

compo

Veteran
Like Andrew_Culture I became very cold at the finish, so much so I was really shivering. I had decided to take a small camping cooker for a fry up and hot drink but at the last minute changed my mind and decided not to to save a bit of weight. Because of a previous back injury and spinal surgery I find standing still for more than a few minutes very painful so queueing for half hour for food was just not on. If I ever do the DD again my camping cooker will be the first thing I pack on the bike so a hot drink will be available to me.

Top Bottom