England : Suffolk Dunwich Dynamo 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Might try the pub- the Flora breakfast was OK, but not entirely convinced it was worth the long queue for.

TechnoTim2011

I had no idea it was you @4F at torque bikes, I'm in Pentlow. Is westons staying open through out the night?
Hi Yes Westons Cafe plans to be open 10 til 4am. I will be working in the team, probably directing people, trying in vain again to take photos and filling water bottles.
I look forward to seeing lots of you.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Is that the pub in Dunwich? I might head there too. I won't be staying long at Dunwich though as I'm riding back and would prefer to try and get home at a decent hour. Otherwise Mrs rb58 will have words - especially as I plan to tell her I'm only popping out for some milk ;-)
Yep that's the one, I got to the cafe last year just after 4 and it was ok but the year before that I hit there at 7 and there was no way I was going to join that queue.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
I have noooooo ideas about when I'll arrive in Dunwich but I do know this is a social ride not a leg blasting thrasher.

My wife just offered to be on standby to rescue me from Dunwich on Sunday morning :smile:

I'm wracking my brain to try and figure out what I might have to bargain with Compo to get in on his fry up :smile:

I'm seriously trying to figure out if I could arrange a couple of cans of Tyske on the beach :smile:

I like your style. I'll stick some Peroni in the car, but might be a tad warm by the time I get there. Still, I could always chuck it in the sea to cool off before I open it. :thumbsup:

chrislov

Another stop of point:

Just another reminder that we (Torque Bikes) will be be open all night for free repairs(labour) and Westons Cafe will also be open. We are located in Sudbury almost exactly halfway to the big D. Our post code here is CO10 7GB. As you zoom down the A131 coming into town (Ballingdon hill) which is one of the biggest on route take a left at the bottom by the Kings Head pub and follow the signs. We also have free drinking water top ups and large public amenities on site. We look forward to meeting a lot of new Dynas and seeing some old faces. Have fun!

Fantastic news about the additional stop- very handy. Would Torque bikes also see if they can find a dog bowl and a ball to entertain the very very bouncy Peppa Springer Spaniel. You will no doubt hear me long before you overtake me with every hectic requests to Peppa to sit down and stop trying to say hello to everyone who passes us.

Was hoping to do it on the super new cargo bike but a lack of an alfine dynamo probably means will be back on the Filibus for its final year. Pic of new cargo bike in case i do manage to get the lighting system sorted in time
image.jpg

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Fantastic news about the additional stop- very handy. Would Torque bikes also see if they can find a dog bowl and a ball to entertain the very very bouncy Peppa Springer Spaniel. You will no doubt hear me long before you overtake me with every hectic requests to Peppa to sit down and stop trying to say hello to everyone who passes us.

Was hoping to do it on the super new cargo bike but a lack of an alfine dynamo probably means will be back on the Filibus for its final year. Pic of new cargo bike in case i do manage to get the lighting system sorted in time View attachment 26420

Awesome bike, but how have you not got thighs like giants hams?

TechnoTim2011

Was hoping to do it on the super new cargo bike but a lack of an alfine dynamo probably means will be back on the Filibus for its final year. Pic of new cargo bike in case i do manage to get the lighting system sorted in time View attachment 26420
We may well have a dog there anyway, and there already is a dog bowl, is peppa other dog friendly?

chrislov

We may well have a dog there anyway, and there already is a dog bowl, is peppa other dog friendly?
Peppa is very friendly to everybody and everything apart from cats and squirrels....

rb58

Enigma
Looks like I'm not doing it this year after all. I'm in Exeter for my son's graduation today and have decided to stay the weekend as it's so lovely. Have a good ride y'all!

redjedi

Über Member
Another stop of point:

Just another reminder that we (Torque Bikes) will be be open all night for free repairs(labour) and Westons Cafe will also be open. We are located in Sudbury almost exactly halfway to the big D. Our post code here is CO10 7GB. As you zoom down the A131 coming into town (Ballingdon hill) which is one of the biggest on route take a left at the bottom by the Kings Head pub and follow the signs. We also have free drinking water top ups and large public amenities on site. We look forward to meeting a lot of new Dynas and seeing some old faces. Have fun!

Thanks 4F. This stop beats my plan of going to the 24 hour garage in Sudbury, and I'll be aiming for the Ship Inn in Dunwich rather than the Cafe.

Looking forward to doing this ride for the first time in a few years. I'll probably wear my CC jersey so feel free to shout hello at me if anyone sees me.

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom