Dunwich Dynamo 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I don't know how many rode it this year, but when I went out for spin on part of the route, this morning, there was no sign of any litter a mass of people having cycled overnight might have generated. Chapeau to you all on your ride, and thanks for keeping hold of your rubbish. :thumbsup:

MikeG

Guru
My wife passed a group of about 60 riders last night about 12.00/ 12.30 just outside Castle Hedingham. There was thunder and lightning all around, and she came home with eyes like saucers........"Wow,,,,,,,,we've GOT to do that" she said, more than once. She did say the lights were very confusing, though, with some people showing a white light to the rear. Very difficult for car drivers to know which way the group is going in the rain in those circumstances. One cyclist had a warning triangle out as he repaired a puncture: I've never ever seen that.

brand

My wife passed a group of about 60 riders last night about 12.00/ 12.30 just outside Castle Hedingham. There was thunder and lightning all around, and she came home with eyes like saucers........"Wow,,,,,,,,we've GOT to do that" she said, more than once. She did say the lights were very confusing, though, with some people showing a white light to the rear. Very difficult for car drivers to know which way the group is going in the rain in those circumstances. One cyclist had a warning triangle out as he repaired a puncture: I've never ever seen that.
Cycling home last summer absolutely hammering down thunder and lightening all round me. The landlady sent the landlord after me to give me a lift home. I thanked him but I was enjoying it. The rain was warm and the lightening spectacular. With the benefit of hindsight I should have let him give me a lift. He couldn't find my house a couple of months ago and I missed a brewery beer testing night. Free beer and free food. 10 + beers to try and tons of excellent food....well that's what they told me. Could of just been winding me up about the food. Judging by there hangovers the next day they were not winding me up about the beer. Sick note!

MrMajestic

Job done! Double distance Dynamo. Sudbury-Hackney-Dunwich-Sudbury and now home in Plymouth, showered, bike cleaned - sorted. What a thoroughly magical experience that was. Never cycled in London before, never cycled with such a diverse array of people (all of them smiling), never had three punctures in less than 400km, never broke a spoke only 20km into a ride and whipped out the spoke key and prayer. So many new experiences. I wondered if, cycling back to Sudbury people coming out still might think I was showing off. Quite the contray - what a happy, cheery bunch they were. Lightning made my night, not the 2 hours spent off route on a road North of the course from Needham Market to Yoxford and not the 2am visit from the PFs.

Thanks to Tim and crew for picking me up at Sudbury and schooling me in the lore of the Dynamo. Saw Tim near to Dunwich, hope all achieved what they wanted to achieve.

Back next year? Possibly, maybe but the drive home was tough.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Really nice to meet you Simon and well done for getting back so soon especially after your problems. Seems like you certainly had an interesting Dynamo.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
What an epic ride, some how managed to avoid the rain and no mechanicals or punctures in our group. Made up for last years problems. Rolled into Dunwich at 7 and the queue for the cafe was quite short. Felt remarkably good for the 30 miles home and ended up with 236 miles on the clock.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Caught the 10.54am train down on Saturday, got lost in London (several times) rolled into Dunwhich about 8.45am - just got home now at 9pm, Sunday. I'd forgotten just how much fun it all was. Definitely a classic year!

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom