Dunwich Dynamo 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrMajestic

4F: was just going to take you up on the ride down from Sudbury. See you've changed plans - not to worry :smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I am still cycling down with a couple of others from Ipswich. Looking at getting into Sudbury half 11 ish, then to Finchingfield for lunch and a stop at a pub in Epping for a bit to eat. Game on ? @MrMajestic

Last edited:

MrMajestic

OK, junction of Gainsborough Street, Gregory Street and Stour Street. I'll aim to be there for 11:30am. If I haven't shown up by 11:45 then I've been delayed somehow so go on without me. Company would be nice though. If I don't make that time then I'll maybe catch you when you stop at Finchingfield. I'm recognisable by my bike - see picture to left - a big old Claud Butler Majestic in purple.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I think my timing may be a little out after looking at google maps again , leaving Ipswich at 09:30 so with 22 miles to Sudbury going to be closer to 11:00 hrs arrival. Just round the corner from above is Torque bikes on Cross street which would a be good place to loiter for either party. Should then be 16 miles to Finchingfield for a bite to eat. I shall be in my Cycle Chat jersey. Hows that ?

Last edited:

Daniellay19

Is there many riders from Ipswich taking part? What time do most people set off from London fields as this is my first go at the run!

Daniellay19

As it transpires I now have an extra train ticket from Ipswich to London on the 18:13 train on Saturday. If anyone needs a ticket and wants one on this train, let me know. It was £13. Thanks
Ill be on this train at this time, but already have my ticket! do you know how long it takes to get to london fields from liverpool street?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
It's about 2-3 miles, so no more than 10-15mins.

Unless you stop to buy hot sauce from Chilango, which I intend to :smile:

mattobrien

Guru
Ill be on this train at this time, but already have my ticket! do you know how long it takes to get to london fields from liverpool street?
I have just printed out the route on a map and also uploaded it to my garmin to try to not get lost.

You are welcome to tag along with us to get to London Fields. That is obviously on the condition that they let me know the train with my bike as they hadn't any spaces left, but said they would try to accommodate as many as possible on the day.

Equally you are welcome to come along in our group for the ride itself. The only advisory is that you don't ride behind @Andrew_Culture as if he is stopping at Chilango, I imagine it might be a little fragrant trying to draft him :whistle:

MrMajestic

I think my timing may be a little out after looking at google maps again , leaving Ipswich at 09:30 so with 22 miles to Sudbury going to be closer to 11:00 hrs arrival. Just round the corner from above is Torque bikes on Cross street which would a be good place to loiter for either party. Should then be 16 miles to Finchingfield for a bite to eat. I shall be in my Cycle Chat jersey. Hows that ?
11am may be pushing it for me. I'll aim for the bike shop if I'm able to make it on time.

Top Bottom