Dunwich Dynamo 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrMajestic

New to this parish. Planning to attend the Dun Run, my first. I have a Travelodge booked in Leighton Buzzard on Friday night, Lord knows why. Think I'll aim to drive to somewhere not more than 40/50 miles from Dunwich (maybe Sudbury) on the Saturday morning, ride in to London during the morning/early afternoon, grab some food and then do the Dun Run about 8/9pm (I'll do about 15mph if I'm on my Claud Butler as intended and hope to catch sun-up), possibly picking up stashed beach towel from the car en route - if the weather's good. Anyone else riding into London from that neck of the woods?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
@MrMajestic yep a friend and I will be cycling down through Sudbury to the start. Looking at 15/16 average so if the timing works then you are more than welcome to join us for the ride down.

mattobrien

Guru
I'll be doing the ride with a friend but only in one direction.

Maybe see you in London or on the ride.

Will start to think about doing it the long way next year.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm picking up my new frame (with all the junk from my old bike on it) this afternoon. I'm not sure going both ways on the Dun Run would be the best way to iron out the 'new bike' creases! It's looking like there's a good group of is doing it this year! I've even bought some silly lights for my spokes :smile:

compo

Veteran
Following a tumble and damage to my crankset I have had today to replace the crankset. Current economics mean I was somewhat limited in my choice and ended up with a cheap and nasty, and it really is cheap and nasty. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clearance...70-/301178245904?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160 it is a riveted assembly that looks and feels cheap. Unfortunately for now it has to do. I am just hoping it hangs together for the Dynamo. I'm sure it will, it is just that in my experience if something feels cheap and nasty it usually is cheap and nasty! (I didn't know what it was like until it arrived through the post).

Last edited:

MichaelO

Veteran
I'm picking up my new frame (with all the junk from my old bike on it) this afternoon. I'm not sure going both ways on the Dun Run would be the best way to iron out the 'new bike' creases! It's looking like there's a good group of is doing it this year! I've even bought some silly lights for my spokes :smile:
Oooo, hadn't thought of spoke lights - I think I still have the ones I got as a Christmas present somewhere!! I'm now starting to watch the weather forecast for next weekend quite closely...

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Following a tumble and damage to my crankset I have had today to replace the crankset. Current economics mean I was somewhat limited in my choice and ended up with a cheap and nasty, and it really is cheap and nasty. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clearance...70-/301178245904?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160 it is a riveted assembly that looks and feels cheap. Unfortunately for now it has to do. I am just hoping it hangs together for the Dynamo. I'm sure it will, it is just that in my experience if something feels cheap and nasty it usually is cheap and nasty! (I didn't know what it was like until it arrived through the post).
That looks like the cheap job I put on my Triban. It was fine - see you at the Dynamo :thumbsup:

I am hoping to do the Dun Run but family commitments (i.e. grandchildren) may put paid to this plan. I have ridden it every year for the past 6 or 7 (twice on a tandem) and now that I am in my 7th decade I would like to do it again. I am definitely a 15-hour rider so could well keep company with the OP. There is a couple from YACF (Davelodwig and partner) who are intending to ride on their tandem and I reckon they are about my pace as well, maybe a little faster, but not much.

It's beginning to look as though the Nud Nur is dying on its arse through lack of support. I couldn't do that. Cycling into London along the Lea Bridge Road at about 11 in the morning has absolutely no appeal whatsoever. Going out along it at about 9 at night is only tolerable because you know that once you get past North Weald the ride becomes an absolute rural delight. If I came the other way I just know I would bail at Marks Tey and get the train home.

There is a long thread about this on YACF. https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74280.0

Top Bottom