Dunwich Dynamo 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisbateman

Afternoon! I'm planning on cycling the DD this Saturday but forgot to get a bus ticket for the return, does anyone have a spare ticket or know anyone who does? If so please let me know.
Lis x

compo

Veteran
Afternoon! I'm planning on cycling the DD this Saturday but forgot to get a bus ticket for the return, does anyone have a spare ticket or know anyone who does? If so please let me know.
Lis x

I believe there are still places on coaches back from Dunwich. Have a look at the Dunwich Dynamo group on Facebook where they are advertised. here is a copy of part of the advert.

As usual there will be plenty of free beer for everyone riding with us!
Coaches will set off from Dunwich at 11am and will be heading to a final destination of Stratford Station which will provide all of you with a suitable means for getting home due to the excellent transport services after the olympics! There is a large coach set down layby point on the A118 just short of its junction with Angel Lane 9 (A112 ). This means people can meet you in cars should your other-halfs be all lovely and caring etc...
Price is £45 in advance and £50 on the day.
To book Please email hello@thecyclingconsultant.com with the following info:
Full Name of each rider
Bikes and colours
Mobile numbers
Payment of £45 as a gift or £46.80 as a normal payment to the above email. If you require bank details instead please email me.
Try to avoid FB messaging as last year nearly 40 messages went Into my 'other' message box and I didn't know.
If anyone wants to share their experience of the service last year please do!
Many thanks,
Louis

mattobrien

Guru
Looking like a potential damp start, but a gap in the weather as we head north, s0 hopefully dry between 10pm to 4am.

Also set to be a warm night, with a low temperature of 16 degrees. So if it is a touch damp, we ought to dry off quite quickly.

Also the winds are looking relatively favourable too.

If it is damp, that'll settle my dilemma as to which bike to take. Plus I am not sure I have enough bubble wrap for the good bike for the train journey ^_^

Last edited:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Plus I am not sure I have enough bubble wrap for the good bike for the train journey ^_^

There is a solution to that problem :bicycle:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Looking like a potential damp start, but a gap in the weather as we head north, s0 hopefully dry between 10pm to 4am.

Also set t be a warm night, with a low temperature of 16 degrees. So if it is a touch damp, we ought to dry off quite quickly.

Also the ends are looking relatively favourable too.

If it is damp, that'll settle my dilemma as to which bike to take. Plus I am not sure I have enough bubble wrap for the good bike for the train journey ^_^

Hitting foot-deep potholes while descending at over 30mph might not be great for your plastic bike either.

I nearly lost my fillings in darkest Essex on several occasions last year.

mattobrien

Guru
Hitting foot-deep potholes while descending at over 30mph might not be great for your plastic bike either.

I nearly lost my fillings in darkest Essex on several occasions last year.

I am thinking that my sturdy cross frame might be the answer.

BUT NO, I AM NOT TAKING A PANNIER AND CARRYING ALL YOUR EXTRA RUBBISH!!!!!

Just wanted to make that clear, just because I have a rack and guards, doesn't mean I want to add to the already overweight best :whistle:

Planning on leaving a car at Dunwich, so if you want to have anything in it for you at the end, let me have it on Thursday. Me, I am thinking of a change of clothes, towel etc.

mattobrien

Guru
As it transpires I now have an extra train ticket from Ipswich to London on the 18:13 train on Saturday. If anyone needs a ticket and wants one on this train, let me know. It was £13. Thanks

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I thought I wasn't going to do the DD again but it seems that I'm taking the train down from Shrewsbury once more. Me and the Surly are far too slow to ride in a group so I'm aiming to womble into Dunwich about 9.00am. Currently studying the weather forecast (which is changing every few minutes) and wondering whether or not I should put the mudguards back on...

Reactions: 4F
Top Bottom