Dunwich Dynamo 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It doesn't look like they were to me.
Yep, I was editing my post as you were replying. My bad..

Reactions: mjr

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The Facebook threads are about 75% "no way, it'd be irresponsible" but there is a vocal minority who say nothing will stop them. Public perception of cyclists is more important than a ride, I'd say...and imagine the reaction you'd get if you needed A&E.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The Facebook threads are about 75% "no way, it'd be irresponsible" but there is a vocal minority who say nothing will stop them. Public perception of cyclists is more important than a ride, I'd say...
Yeah, but given that some will ride it anyway, what good do you expect staying away to do?

I think there may be good reason to decide it's irresponsible (it's a while off yet, though) but "public perception" is probably going to be awful anyway.
and imagine the reaction you'd get if you needed A&E.
Professionalism? ;)

rb58

Enigma
Public perception of cyclists is more important than a ride, I'd say
That's what I think too. And whilst there's no technical limit on the time duration of your daily exercise, the messaging has been quite clear - stay at home. And the leaflet that came through everyone's door said when you're doing the the exceptions (exercise being one of them) you should 'minimise the time spent outside of the home'. It's disingenuous to say otherwise. I think AUK have got it right, others should follow. We already have to put up with enough bad press and we don't need a large (semi) organised event to allow people to say that cyclists are selfish and flouting all the rules. Of course, all this presumes restrictions haven't been eased sufficiently by then.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That's what I think too. And whilst there's no technical limit on the time duration of your daily exercise, the messaging has been quite clear - stay at home. And the leaflet that came through everyone's door said when you're doing the the exceptions (exercise being one of them) you should 'minimise the time spent outside of the home'. It's disingenuous to say otherwise. I think AUK have got it right, others should follow. We already have to put up with enough bad press and we don't need a large (semi) organised event to allow people to say that cyclists are selfish and flouting all the rules. Of course, all this presumes restrictions haven't been eased sufficiently by then.

Remember this is July though. We will have to wait and see what situation the country is in at that time. It’s no good applying the lockdown rules of April to something three months away,

rogerzilla

Legendary Member

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I personally havent made any arrangements regarding lifts home. So thats me out of the running. Though when i ended my ride last year i had already decided to give the next one a miss. :whistle:

Its absolutely confusing why they havent cancelled. Most major cycling events had been cancelled or postponed till further notice months ago. What are they waiting for?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Coaches now cancelled. Money can go to the LCC or you can get a refund. If you want to ride this year, you're self-supporting (and there'll almost certainly be no cafė at the end).

Patrick Field has also posted and suggested people spread themselves over other dates. It may be that unlimited exercising is allowed from Monday but it still won't be a social event. Let's hope people are sensible so this ride stays just under the radar of police marshals, insurance, fees and other such horrors.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My sister was walking in the area, a short while ago, and the Dunwich café was doing takeaways.

Whether they'll open at 04.00 or not, I don't know.. Can't see them turning down easy money, though.

Top Bottom