During the snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not me because I am not sick.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Why is everyone afraid if cycling in the snow? I would love to commute in it!
Tomorrow, I am going to make a day of the weather and go out for a nice ride and possible end up helping people stuck on the roads (I like to help who I can).

Radchenister

Veteran
A serious point springs to mind from long ago; I was on my paper round early in the morning on a snowy day (perhaps 30 years back now) - was caught up in a little accident and ended up forced off my bike on a busy main road.

A car driver had strayed out the compacted snow troughs to go round me (whilst going a little too fast for the conditions), they got into clumpy stuff in the centre of the road and lost control, spinning anti clockwise just next to me and then bumping into the verge cutting off my path - it was too close to stop in time but I managed to ditch the bike, jump onto the verge and let it thump into the car; more harm to the car than me or my BMX so all's well that ends well but the lesson learnt was to be careful of those ice skating elephants out there!

Matt1705

Über Member
I'm hoping it does snow tomorrow, just so I can see how my 23c tyres handle in the slippy stuff :tongue:

classic33

Leg End Member
Why do fewer people get stuck at work due the snow than get stuck at home due to the snow?
Either two wheels of four wheels tomorrow sofar. Two if it doesn't freeze during the night.

But both will be pedal powered

Top Bottom