During the snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No snow here yet!

Kies

Yep we into blizzard conditions now ..... All at home, except for child 2 ..... I think i'll have to go pick him up from college at some point

HovR

Über Member
Plenty of snow here! I haven't measured it but there looked to be at least 4 inches on our patio table. The snow's still lightly coming down although may stop around 3.

Fixed the broken spoke on my mountain bike and now I'm all ready for my late commute. I'll be taking a route which is majority non-road cycle paths to keep away from the compressed snow and sliding metal boxes. Should be good fun! :smile:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yep we into blizzard conditions now ..... All at home, except for child 2 ..... I think i'll have to go pick him up from college at some point
Having grown up in the Pennines, I always find it amusing when "blizzards" are mentioned anywhere near London. SWMBO mentions the word a lot in moderate snowfall. :tongue:

subaqua

What’s the point
Having grown up in the Pennines, I always find it amusing when "blizzards" are mentioned anywhere near London. SWMBO mentions the word a lot in moderate snowfall. :tongue:
at least 3 people have said they are going home due to blizzard conditions. I have hurt myself falling off the chair laughing

it can't be bad- I can see trains running through London Bridge station

I wish everyone would stop with their 'ooh, it's snowing stories'

Its just got serious.

There's some snow in London :ohmy:

The light dusting is making me think twice about popping out for my cappucino.

snowed here - OH made it home on his road bike last night in about 1" of snow. Our backroads don't get cleared, and our lane is best described as interesting - single track is never good in snow.
I've been out today (I don't currently work due to dog bite still preventing me from walking very well/far) on my mtb with the marathon winters on and can't see what the fuss is about. great fun :smile: 'bout to go back out and have another cycle aorund Delamere Forest.... have noticed however, that a black and white bike in snow does not stand out very well.! Also I need more practice at photo'ing myself cycling in the snow! Sucess rate of person in shot was a dismal 5% and of those only 1 was usable really! 1% sucess rate - more pratcice called for!

IMG_5217.JPG

Oh and that was not the deep stuff... the deeper stuff was leaving pedal marks in the snow which I am expecting to do again shortly. just wondering if I will have the nerve to go down the steps I need to do or if I will wimp out. Great this "not having a job lark! is.

DRHysted

Guru
Well I came home in the fresh snow this morning (after my last night shift), and it was interesting. I used every available section of cyclepath (not much) as it was coming down hard enougth to impeed a drivers visibility. I did have to get off and walk one hill as the 700x23 tyres ran out of traction going up. The most scary section was the last 3 miles as there was no option but using the road, the two main fears were, losing traction myself and falling infront of a vehicle (I share the roads with HGVs), or a vehicle losing traction and hitting me.
It took me over an hour to do a journey that normally takes 30 minutes.
Purely for safety sake I will use the car when I go back on shift Sunday morning.

Damaged Hero

Veteran
I managed to cycle to work this morning around 5am no problems,the main roads had been gritted.But when I was heading home around 1.30 I walked with the bike,Way too many cars losing control and skidding into kerbs.I have 700 x 28s on my Hybrid,which I had no confidence in on the roads or pavements.

Lots of compacted snow and ice the last 2-days and a fresh inch or two this afternoon made it much better and good fun.
Seems I was the only one cycling in today and people thought i was mad, I definitely was after an extremely anger our close passion the 1-mile stretch of Dual by WVM THIS MORNING.

Top Bottom