Dutch style bike recommendations - but lightweight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
Alan Whicker said:
Mrs Whicker wanted a typical Dutch bike but they were just too heavy for her. She got a Trek Allant WSD, which she loves. Trad bike with modern bits.

That looks great - the new one even has a little front rack included to make whacking a basket on fairly easy.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thanks - there have been some great suggestions and the realisation that I don't think she can have the full blown dutch style bike within the weight limit - though some do come very close and are worth considering. However I think its shown me that there are potentially lots of different bikes but what I need now is for her to sit down and look at them so that I can work out what are the key characteristics (hers and mine) the bike must have. And then go on from there.

So I'm going to make her look at this whole list of suggestions - that won't necessarily excite her I'm afraid... but she did say she liked those bikes in the film. I'm hoping it could be a conversion thing - not to get her to cycle everywhere ... but some places.

jimboalee

summerdays said:
Go on ... put a piccy up then:biggrin: - I didn't get time to take one of the bike I saw, but it made me smile anyway.

hat.jpg

6/1,000,000 inch.

Chrisc

Guru
yoyo said:
My Dutch bike takes me up any hills I cycle on in very lumpy Berkshire...

Chris - what is your bike?

Mine's a Crescendo and it takes me up all the lumps here in the Pennines. Some 12% hills here too.. 7 speed Nexus

3844489001_0e00570819.jpg

yoyo

That looks lovely Chris. I haven't any photos of mine at present as they were on my previous computer which was stolen. Mine is similar with a step through frame, not hub gears and I can alter the position of the handlebars without tools. As it happens I like the handlebars as upright as possible as I have lower back pain.

Top Bottom