Dynaplug worked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
Couple of months back I have a flat on my way to work at 03:30. Checked the tyre and put a spare tube in then carried on my way after texting my colleague that I would be later than normal (not late as I always leave early). Less than half a mile down the road and the tyre had a sudden deflation so I stopped checked the tyre and put my last spare tube in, then carried on trying to make up some time. A short while after that I got another flat, so ran the last 4 miles to work phoning my colleague to inform him I would be late (this meant he'd be late leaving). When I was mending the tubes at work one of them had 4 punctures, all the punctures were in different places on the inner tubes so I hadn't missed an object, I'd just had bad luck.

2 weeks ago I was taking the same route to work now running tubeless, when I heard a short hiss and the back went a little swishy and that was it. I simply carried on into work without delay. At 03:30 the last thing you want to be doing is messing around on the roadside sorting inner tubes by torchlight.

Saying this I didn't manage to get the tyres to seat properly on my CX bike so that and my road bikes still run inner tubes. The MTB tubeless seated perfectly first time and haven't required topping up (even after the puncture) in fact I've recently dropped the rear pressure to try to make a muddy accent that means I can go crosscountry on my route home.

Top Bottom