E mail to transport company after punishment pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
So, no response to the e mail I sent last Tuesday (to the depot operations manager direct e mail), forward to the regional operations manager listed? head office?
http://www..co.uk/our-depots/eastleigh
Include transport manager Nigel Cardwell in any further e-mails.

head.office@freightroute.co.uk

Baldy

Über Member
Why do you say that?

I've generally found they do take such things very seriously. The last thing a haulage company wants is a visit from their inspectors.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why do you say that?

I've generally found they do take such things very seriously. The last thing a haulage company wants is a visit from their inspectors.
VOSA might pay more attention if it wasn't a one off incident.

The traffic commissioners, already mentioned, would be better to contact.

classic33

Leg End Member
Give them time, maybe a few people have to be involved before the driver is officially interviewed and an appropriate response is produced.
An acknowledgement of receipt of the e-mail could have been sent the same week. Result of any investigation would take longer.

Drago

Legendary Member
Shame them in the local chipwrapper or Faecesbook.

Id invest in a camera as well.
Theres an online portal where you can upload footage to the local police easily

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Got to be worth escalating somehow.

HGV driver who cut in on me last year by passing me on a pinch point got 5 points plus a fine in court. He pleaded not guilty until I showed up as a witness, & he reviewed the footage from my camera with his solicitor. He already had 3 points on his licence. I understand that with
so many points, he might have found it hard to continue his career especially at 75 yrs old. I have not heard good things about Hampshire police actually prosecuting these cases though.

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Just sent this to head office;

Good afternoon,

I sent the e mail below to the operations manager of your Eastleigh depot a week ago but have had no response or acknowledgement.

Although I did not specifically request a response I assumed that a large, national company such as yours would do so as a matter of course.

As detailed in my original message, my main concern is that the close pass by your driver appeared, by his later responses to have been intentional because I was not using the adjacent shared path.

This is the approximate location of where he passed me, there was no approaching traffic at the time and he could easily have overtaken correctly.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.9...4!1s6W9SpMZzX2ftK6ydLnWxhw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Good Morning,

Apologies for the delay, we have spoken to all our drivers who are aware of the highway code – we are not sure who the driver in question is but have reiterated the importance of this to each driver so hopefully will have no more issues going forward. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Craig Hutchins

Depot Operations Manager

In other words 'we couldn't give a toss'.

Top Bottom