E mail to transport company after punishment pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd say the second e-mail got sent back down the line, which is the one being answered. Agree that they have done their best to say they couldn't care.

If you've two of these:
time, vehicle registration, location,

then a quick check of their systems will tell them who was there.

Drago

Legendary Member
I bet they'd remember who it was pretty quick if you'd reported that you'd found the drivers wallet.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I agree with prior suggestions of involving the traffic commissioner. He/she has a lot of power over the driver and the goods vehicle operator and puts the fear up them more than a threat of police involvement. I’ve gone this route in the past with success. You will be expected to show that you’ve given the offenders a chance to deal with the situation, which you have. Work it up ‘em!

About 15 years ago I was on one of my first tandem rides with my visual impaired friend when a bus passed us extremely closely.
I wrote a letter to the bus company and received a nice reply thanking me for reporting it and saying that the driver had been reprimanded.

Mike

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Just sent this;
Good afternoon Craig,

It’s patently clear from your e mail that you don’t give a jot and have taken no action whatsoever regarding this incident.

Let’s just hope that the driver in question doesn’t inconvenience anyone in future by killing or seriously injuring them when he uses an HGV to intimidate a vulnerable road user for his amusement eh?

FYI I will be forwarding all this to the DVSA so it is on record should anything else bring your company to it’s attention.

albal

Guru
As a hgv driver myself, I am appalled by a lot of drivers on our roads. Since the introduction of the dcpc in 2004. This offending driver would of almost certainly covered 'vulnerable road users ', as one module covering 7 hours of 'education '. He clearly didn't listen or most probably doesn't care. My advice contact the local traffic Commissioner. Good luck.

Johnno260

Veteran
As a hgv driver myself, I am appalled by a lot of drivers on our roads. Since the introduction of the dcpc in 2004. This offending driver would of almost certainly covered 'vulnerable road users ', as one module covering 7 hours of 'education '. He clearly didn't listen or most probably doesn't care. My advice contact the local traffic Commissioner. Good luck.

tbh it’s not just HGV’s, for me fortunately I have never had an issue with a HGV I can only imagine how terrifying having a HGV messing with you could be.

In general motorists don’t care, more so if they’re in a high powered German branded vehicle in my experience, seems empty roads for the last few months have made some of these tools even worse.

My father was a HGV driver just retired and he returned to the U.K. just before the pandemic after going on a 18month EU road trip, he is appalled by the state of driving here now, I’m at the point of negotiating with my company about trying to permanently work from home due to the muppets on the road.

I say pull out all the guns in this case, even if nothing comes of it, if there is a record of complaints then questions will be asked if further incidents happen regarding this company.

Top Bottom