Ear Candling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs PTP mentioned this to me tonight, and showed me a video of how it works, as she reckons I need to stop sticking cotton buds in my lugs.

The video makes it look as if she's maybe just planning on setting fire to me. But if she fails in that and does it properly maybe it will be a good thing.

Anyone got any experience of this?

winjim

Smash the cistern

Lullabelle

Banana
Mrs PTP mentioned this to me tonight, and showed me a video of how it works, as she reckons I need to stop sticking cotton buds in my lugs.

The video makes it look as if she's maybe just planning on setting fire to me. But if she fails in that and does it properly maybe it will be a good thing.

Anyone got any experience of this?

If you need to clean out your ears use ear drops of olive oil which helps to soften the wax.

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't think doctors surgeries provide a service anymore for wax removal, the doctor will refer the patient (if they deem it appropriate) to the hospital clinic.
My daughter brought a kit from the pharmacy a few weeks ago, very cheap and very effective.

pawl

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5382963, member: 9609"]you're setting fire to your ear wax ? should you not get it out of your ear first

I was told not toput anything smaller than my elbow in me ear. althogh to be quite honest, I can nae seem t be able to get me elbow in., either my ears in a funny place or my shoulders no right[/QUOTE]

Practice on someone else’s ears

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not for the faint-hearted.

View: https://youtu.be/BUDy8MyQPDo

xx(

You have been warned. :eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
The lump of wax was almost out and the instrument nowhere near the eardrum. It was just a question of getting it out intact. No need for sedation.

I've had my ears syringed a couple of times, it used to be done with a big syringe of warm water but now they have a pump that shoots pulses of warm water into your ear. It's a strangely pleasant feeling and nurses seem not averse to a bit of smutty inuendo.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The lump of wax was almost out and the instrument nowhere near the eardrum. It was just a question of getting it out intact. No need for sedation.

I've had my ears syringed a couple of times, it used to be done with a big syringe of warm water but now they have a pump that shoots pulses of warm water into your ear. It's a strangely pleasant feeling and nurses seem not averse to a bit of smutty inuendo.

So you've had it in the ear before?

Top Bottom