Early morning commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
When to sleep at 11:30 last night got up at 4:30 with a 10 hour shift to do. I felt lousy and thought I really don't want to cycle and thought which of our to heaps I could take instead. I was particularly glad to say I didn't succumb to either these two devils chariots but rode in. It was lovely and quiet with bird song accompanying me.

---

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
:thumbsup:

I know what you mean. I've felt 'off it' a couple of times in the last few weeks. I decided to man up continue to cycle to work and felt better for it. If I'd gone on the motorbike I'm sure my illness would've dragged on for longer.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Well done

Sometimes it takes a lot of will power to get going, especially on cold, wet and dark mornings. However, you allays feel better once you get going.

I'm in the North of Scotland and set off a bit later at 0630hrs for a 15 mile ride to work. minus 3 on tuesday, plus 9 on friday.....mad weather and impossible to get the layering right.....needles to say, cold on tuesday, and melted on friday

just remember, you can have a day off once in a while!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done , if it was me i would have had more sleep and that could be a factor in you desire not to cycle.

I leave for work before 6 am so i know how it feels, even worse coming home after a long night shift though .....

okeydokey79

I agree feel more awake wen i get work after cycling, i travel at 4.30am 8miles have a showert n always feel ready 4the 12hr shift ahead, if i use the scooter takes me few hrs in2the shift wake up.

Definitely the hardest part of my commute is dragging myself out of bed at 6am. Not exactly early by these standards but it feels like the middle of the night to me.

The motorbike is broken at the moment and the alternative in the train which is miserable, so cycling wins most days. Seeing the sunrise glinting off the tower blocks of Stevenage as I near my destination is some kind of reward for my efforts...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm fortunate I work normal days, but I know how you feel - many a night I have poor sleep with my shoulder, so no lousy how I feel, I get on the bike. Certainly feel 100% better after just a few minutes of fresh air and exercise. Also kicks the body into 'wake' mode.

potsy

Rambler
Used to do early commutes every other week (4.45am on the road) now it's every 3 weeks due to shift changes, never get used to getting up at 4am just have to get on with it.
I'm doing a few days of 6am-4pm next week so will keep an eye out for sray Fossy's :ph34r:
Though I may take advanyage and go 'offroad' at 4pm down the TPT.

Paul_L

Über Member
i commute 2 days a week and set off at about 5-45am. Much better to ride in early, relatively traffic free roads. Wish i could say the same about the commute home at 5pm.

mangid

Guru
When to sleep at 11:30 last night got up at 4:30 with a 10 hour shift to do. I felt lousy and thought I really don't want to cycle and thought which of our to heaps I could take instead. I was particularly glad to say I didn't succumb to either these two devils chariots but rode in. It was lovely and quiet with bird song accompanying me.

---

Early morning, best time of the day, I get up 5 or 6 times a week @ 5:30, can be tough getting out of bed sometimes, but it wears of really quickly. Enjoy it so much more than riding in the evening.

wayneo

Über Member
I have to get up at 5.30 every day to commute, on the odd day when I carnt get out of my nice warm cosy bed and take the car I really miss my bike and even feel guilty not using it,and then I get to work only to be asked by everyone wheres ya bike today then....

2pies

Veteran
I usually don't set off until 8am when its light but had to get going early this morning. It felt horrible getting on the bike at 7am in the dark and was quite cold. Within a couple of minutes I was fine and warmed up. Not sure how long I can handle the 24 miles each day in the winter - one day at a time I suppose. My biggest concern will be ice on the roads

Top Bottom