Early morning waking-what is your technique for getting back to sleep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Wake the wife up...by the time she's finished going on at me I'm sound asleep!!

Tho I do find sometimes I can just lay awake for ages , I usually try and think of something relaxing..or just get up and go downstairs
Years ago I was in a deep sleep when Mrs Dave woke me up to ask "do you want a Roses chocolate" (not a euphomysm).... .....then she fell asleep and I was wide awake, annoyed cos Id been woken up.

David Baddiel who suffers from insomnia, compared it to blindness. At parties nobody says to a blind man, "That's funny because I have no problem seeing things".

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I used to use a Browning for clay shooting, fabulous gun really nice balance.

Mate had a Baretta which I also liked a lot

Funny this, they used to say people are either Browning or Beretta. My Dad and I are similar build & he's always liked Berettas, whereas I used a Browning for the first time about ten years ago and it all suddenly made sense.

I use fentanyl patches for pain management, which are changed every 72 hours , on the day I change it I can garrantee that I get zero sleep that night, not one bit , then its a battle to stay awake the next day to ensure I sleep that night . it does my head in :cursing:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Shooters !! My kind of daydream and way of clearing my mind of everyday cr*p . With me it is my custom built .280 Remington , long action , custom made fluted barrel, McMillan adjustable stock, Accuracy International mag. muzzle brake ......Ok thats enough and l haven't even touched on hand loaded ballistic tipped ammo. For some maybe its a nightmare but for me it is the most accurate rifle l have ever owned.....don't suppose l ought to post a photo though :whistle:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Funny this, they used to say people are either Browning or Beretta. My Dad and I are similar build & he's always liked Berettas, whereas I used a Browning for the first time about ten years ago and it all suddenly made sense.

Beretta is for those who like show but with no go. If you want something that works then a fence post Browning is the way to go, although I don't know too much about anything made in the last 10 years or so.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Beretta is for those who like show but with no go. If you want something that works then a fence post Browning is the way to go, although I don't know too much about anything made in the last 10 years or so.

Fencepost indeed.. mine has gorgeous tiger striping on the fore-end although it is only a basic grade 525.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Fencepost indeed.. mine has gorgeous tiger striping on the fore-end although it is only a basic grade 525.

525 for me too, fore end fairly plain though compared to some. :smile:

fore end.JPG

ozboz

Guru
Ex British Army. I can fall asleep anywhere, any time, in the most uncomfortable of positions, during the local oompa bands practice session. You quickly get used to drawing the 0200-0400hrs stag and it cutting your night in half.

I used to hate middle stag , I used to hate guard duty full stop. I never did guard for money ,
But as you said , sleep anywhere anytime on a razor blade if you had to , the only time I had sleep probs was when I was in Australia , there was not a lot of work , the money was poor , 4 kids and mortgage , I used to go to work in a proper zombie state some times , I wake up now early , as others have said , just lie nice and quiet , be mindful of a time when I was happy , before I know it I’m late for work ! , but if I hear the first flight into Heathrow 4-30, I put sky news on , that’s me no more zzzzz’s ! , but the zombie days are over !

Levo-Lon

Guru

I couldn't afford either so they were lent to me by shooting buddies.

If I'm honest I liked the Beretta more as it seemed to have less recoil but that may have been the load?
Don't know but they were beautiful guns.

Top Bottom