East Coast visit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Well i am back from visiting Ernie on the East Coast.Two full days and two part days.
It is not until you leave,that you understand how lonely single old people are.Last night he was a bit quieter knowing i was going.We had fun ,i took him out on Tuesday on a bus ride to Scarboro' his first bus trip in two years.I pushed him around in a chair for about an hour so he could look and see some curtains,we came back to Filey for a fish and chip tea,when asked if everything was ok he replied NO this fish is frozen and not up to your normal standard,i asked him when was he last in ,last year with you he said,brilliant i thought.Next day we used his motor scooter and i took him to a church coffee morning,he knew some of the old ladies.Last night it was his village local a superb old fashioned pub.Everybody knew him,he leaned over to me and whispered he has put the prices up just for the visitors.He thanked for going over.
Today he said if he is still here next year will i go again,i replied why are you thinking of moving.No said he but i might be dead.
Just a few days out of my life made Ernie happy,you can't believe it can you.Finally when i stepped off the train at 16-00 ish,i saw more people on the platform than i has seen in two full days in Hunmanby,village life is so slow paced and quiet,it was superb.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Stout fellow, epic work - thanks for sharing

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are you busy next weekend? Perhaps you could come and push around for a couple of days :smile:
I was talking to a guy at the golf club on Wednesday......it was his 88th birthday. He is a bit shaky but still plays every week.
Good to see people like him and your Ernie still full of spirit.

Top Bottom