Do you ever visit with barbers/hairdresser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
another home haircut here also.It began a few years ago when Mrs P worked out i was spending more than she was.Wahl clippers and the fair hand of Mrs P no guard bald nearly as bald as an egg.Today i noticed my facial hair bristles are not growing as much,i wonder if its the chemo drugs,plus the hair is not growing out either.

Local barbers in my old town for me, there’s been a barber shop on the same site for over 100 years. Now on a rent a chair scheme and cash only, ring for an appointment, usually an hour or so later, they make a good job of it, sure I could save a bit by doing it at home with the Wahl clippers that lie unused in the bottom of a drawer, but it’s worth ten pounds not to look like someone who cuts his own hair. At my age, if you’ve got it (non-gray hair) flaunt it.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Short story, I've got long hair....yes I know that's my fault, but while I was waiting to have a trim I picked up a magazine like you do and there was an article on cutting hair and it said “ if you have long hair don't waste money on hair cuts, just wash hair put it in a pony tail and trim the ends."
A couple of months later I tried it and yes it works and haven't been to a hair dresser since. :smile:

I tried that once, I got detention, apparently Mary liked her long hair and didn't want a bob cut?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Taken from a local Facebook page.

The bloke in the chair used to be my mum and dad's window cleaner in the 1970's and 80's. It was put on about 5 days ago, so not long now till his 100th! 🍾 That barber cut my hair one day in 2002. I remember the date as I was wearing a World Cup 2002 t-shirt and had a photo taken when I got home. I went in and asked for a slight trim. It was like one of those Vietnam/American G/I war scenes when enlisted men were asked what style they'd like by the forces barber. After they'd said what they'd like, the barber simply took the whole lot off with electric shears!:laugh: As I waited to hear that gentle scissor snipping sound I was met with a loud BZZZZZZZ!!!, followed by sweeping hand over head movements! :ohmy: I still have that photo somewhere which I'll try and dig out later. I showed it to him a year or so ago and he remembered that day, saying I sat there gawping as he showed me my new 'bonehead' cut in a mirror from different angles!:unsure:
View attachment 711704

He's made it!! 🍻 :bravo:

nc_ohc=Jxm57IjNw_gAX92SpqM&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nagden

Über Member
My wife has cut my hair for years. But now I go to the hairdressers in the village. It cost €17 which is probably a bit dearer than the UK. The ladies a nice and I get a good haircut.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Since buying a hair trimmer will never go to a hairdresser again! :okay: Took me a while to use it though....it was pending and then more pending until my hair was getting 60's long....so grasped the nettle, bit the bullet etc set it on a medium number and buzzed away :laugh:eazy peazy though i'll raise the cutting length next time as i did look like a convict/serial killer :laugh:

New, traditional Italian style barber opened up a minute down the road. Our son tried it and got a really good cut. I went Friday and he's a perfectionist. Takes the best part of 30 minutes despite back and sides being done with clippers with top using scissors. He tapered it with 4 or 5 clipper attachment sizes up the back. Looks a lot better than I ever managed and better than any other barber had managed before. I think it was £13 or 15 only too. Once a month or a bit longer it's worth it. Mind you my first time with cut throat razer that he used to shave my neck, double hairline!

Just don't mention the blue, white and red spiral, rotating pole. Apparently that's a French thing denoting barbers who also do teeth and blood letting. Blue for teeth, red for blood letting apparently.

Top Bottom