East Midlands Ride!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

sounds ok to me i will be at the GO OUTDOORS roundabout at approx 12.45 the trike is bright yellow i think i will be noticeable

jugglingphil

11.30 outside the Sir John, grab Dean by 12 at Clifton (after meet and greet), Loughborough between 12.45 and 1.15 (Earlier if we are chasing TMC!),

Sounds perfick to me.

I'll be the one wearing a pink carnation...with a bike.

I can make make (I'm very surprised as usually weekends full of kids stuff).
Is that the Sir John at canning circus? If so I might aim for Clifton. Unless I can be collected on route at Wilford bridge?

Zoiders

@Jezston: South of Notts is fairly flat...but then again you live in a flattish part of Notts! It isn't the fens, but is nowhere near the moderate heights of the Great Notts ride either - you'll be fine on your 3 speed if you want.
@TMC, would you suggest the A60 south in a small group or reckon it would be more peaceful traffic wise to take it through Gotham and East Leake?
Not sure I like the sound of the A60, although some colleagues reckon it is ok, but then again they drive...

@Zoiders, Long Eaton is unnecessarily westwards considering people's locations and also the wrong side of the river (cue London style comments) Unless you are based near there and want to pop along?

@Velvet Curtain - Nooooo.....hot baths and beechams for 5 days solid - you'll (hopefully) be ok by then...maybe.
The thing that Longeaton has is a bridge in Breaston/Sawley so the river is not an issue to cross if you are heading Loughborough way or past the power station.

Up river it's Trent bridge or the foot bridge next to meadows, either relies on going the long way around through west Bridgeford /Ladybay to then get south.

I know because I lived in LE and worked in Notts yet had a GF that lived in Stanton On The Wolds up past the Giant UK HQ and the Ruddington turn off.

I think a lot of people are thinking car distances or even travel time and not how easy the route is by bike, local connecting trains are very regular to LE from Notts so capacity is no problem, it's also linked to Derby with no change required if anyone is out that way.

The thing that Longeaton has is a bridge in Breaston/Sawley so the river is not an issue to cross if you are heading Loughborough way or past the power station.

Up river it's Trent bridge or the foot bridge next to meadows, either relies on going the long way around through west Bridgeford /Ladybay to then get south.

I know because I lived in LE and worked in Notts yet had a GF that lived in Stanton On The Wolds up past the Giant UK HQ and the Ruddington turn off.

I think a lot of people are thinking car distances or even travel time and not how easy the route is by bike, local connecting trains are very regular to LE from Notts so capacity is no problem, it's also linked to Derby with no change required if anyone is out that way.

You missed out Wilford bridge, which is in exactly the right place to head south to Loughborough from the centre of Nottingham and certainly does not need anyone to go the long way round. The really long way round would be to go via Long Eaton with out cause. Going via lady bay\W.Bridgford would maybe add 1mile as the crow flies, via LE would add about 7miles. If someone was out that way then yes, I'd see your point\route.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
So who's going from Leicester? What time would you need to leave so as for us to meet at the same time? Someone want to volunteer to be group leader?

MarcA

Can't make that date due to other cycling commitments.

However, wondering if any of you are interested in a weekly evening ride through (what is left of) the summer?

I am near Derby if that helps.

3tyretrackterry, steve52... possible for you to ride together?
(crossing fingers Velvet Curtain gets better by then, but not holding breath)

3tyretrackterry

definitley i can meet steve52 at fillingate roundabout just past the new park and ride
it will take approx 45 mins -60 mins to ride to the Go outdoors roundabout approx 9 miles
if you PM me i can give u my mobile

do we need a ride leader i will bring a couple of maps we will have a chinese parliment and decide a route and go for it

TVC

3tyretrackterry, steve52... possible for you to ride together?
(crossing fingers Velvet Curtain gets better by then, but not holding breath)

Sorry guys, still crook, 9 days now and it's still going. This is the worst I've had since Glandular Fever as a teenager. Definitely not impressed.

3tyretrackterry

Nottingham crew we will meet you at go outdoors roundabout 12.45-1.15
steve52 fillingate roundabout at 12 noon and then a ride down the old A6 through Rothley mountsorrel and Quorn if that suits

these plans are subject to the weather which i believe is sunshine and showers on Sunday

Top Bottom