East Yorkshire Big G Cyclosportive 2010 (July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
One of the lighter moments we had a laugh about post ride in the pub which I've just recalled, was most of us past a poor rider walking up Nunburnholme, and he was seen at various stages from the bottom to the top, so he must of walked most of it, and its nothing to be ashamed of as I've done it myself, but it was the fact that he was wearing a "King of the Mountains" shirt. When I past him, he was just looking up and down it in bewilderment leaning on his bike, probably contemplating his choice selection of shirt. But looking through the photo's of the time we cycled through, there is no one with such a shirt present, not in the foreground or the background, theres one towards the back of the race, but they would have been nowhere near Nunburnholme at the time and Hulvers had YACF on which ruled that one out and also the time for Hulver would have been way out as well, but it makes it more of a mystery when I am sure that I saw a few of them shirts along with a good few riders in Team Columbia colours which I cannot see in the pics, so maybe all the pics have not been posted or I've not looked close enough, been working all night and still not been to bed

Don't worry everybody, it was no one from the forum, well I presume it was not as I did not recognise them.

But on the other hand, 3 or 4 riders shot past me in the opposite direction at Warter going like the clappers of hell, and not part of the Big G, and the next time I saw them was halfway up Nunburnholme, whilst in a tight formation they hurtled past me in the upwards direction making it look so easy. I have a feeling it was some riders from the pro teams racing the next day just having a spin out on part of the route. As they past so quick, I could not make out if they were Rapha Condor or the team with Malcolm Elliot in which has slipped my mind or perhaps another team in a predominently black colour.

In reality, I could never climb Nunburnholme, till the day I wore my Team Columbia shirt, and was to proud of it to be seen stopped or walking in it, so pushed hard all the way.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
One of the lighter moments we had a laugh about post ride in the pub which I've just recalled, was most of us past a poor rider walking up Nunburnholme, and he was seen at various stages from the bottom to the top, so he must of walked most of it, and its nothing to be ashamed of as I've done it myself, but it was the fact that he was wearing a "King of the Mountains" shirt. When I past him, he was just looking up and down it in bewilderment leaning on his bike, probably contemplating his choice selection of shirt. But looking through the photo's of the time we cycled through, there is no one with such a shirt present, not in the foreground or the background, theres one towards the back of the race, but they would have been nowhere near Nunburnholme at the time and Hulvers had YACF on which ruled that one out and also the time for Hulver would have been way out as well, but it makes it more of a mystery when I am sure that I saw a few of them shirts along with a good few riders in Team Columbia colours which I cannot see in the pics, so maybe all the pics have not been posted or I've not looked close enough, been working all night and still not been to bed

There is somebody else in a KOTM shirt on the other set of pics of the North Dalton to Huggate climb.

I only got one comment about my shirt when I was stopped getting my breath back up a hill after Nunburnholme. "You're wearing the wrong shirt!" I told him it was a deliberately ironic statement, but I think he was too far away to hear me. :biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
There is somebody else in a KOTM shirt on the other set of pics of the North Dalton to Huggate climb.

I only got one comment about my shirt when I was stopped getting my breath back up a hill after Nunburnholme. "You're wearing the wrong shirt!" I told him it was a deliberately ironic statement, but I think he was too far away to hear me. :biggrin:

No it was not that rider either as he was well behind us and I recall overtaking him on the North Dalton climb, I am just a blurry blob in the North Dalton picture, just a few slides behind so I have discounted him, but.....................there was other riders out on Saturday who had nothing to do with the Big G, doing there own thing and Nunburnholme area is a popular place to cycle................................and there was riders out doing the Big G, who just tagged along on the route, end of the day, I have done it many times and its not cost me a penny, apart from a gel, two bottles of drink and a pkt of jelly babies each time, so I do question the wisdom of the entry fee, especially when I live only a couple of minutes away from the start line, so I do not even have to travel to the ride.

Top Bottom