Easter Egg chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Can you remember years ago when Easter eggs were sold in mugs? Never see that anymore now.
Also do you think the chocolate of the egg is as the same quality as the bars? Do they produce an inferior blend to produce the eggs?
I’m hoping for a fruit & nut egg.
For an atheist I do love some of the Christian ways. It’s not such a bad culture. I can’t wait to devour some chocolate & then try to burn it off on the bike if I’m honest.
How about you?

Attachments

• 903AB309-7C01-4CF0-9927-CB2CCD6FE25F.jpeg
    903AB309-7C01-4CF0-9927-CB2CCD6FE25F.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 13

Julia9054

Guru
My relatives worked at Cadburys. My Easter treat as a child was a brown paper bag containing mis shapen toffee and mallow eggs - good times!
From my Mum's Facebook post, i suspect I am getting a Lindt bunny. I shall smile and say thank you but it is not an upgrade!

Slick

Guru
Used to love unwrapping a Cadburys chocolate egg who definitely didn't use an inferior mix for their eggs. I can still remember the smell and see the purple foil, not sure if you still get that. Unfortunately I'm of a certain age which means a chocolate egg would almost certainly mean diabetes. :rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
My relatives worked at Cadburys. My Easter treat as a child was a brown paper bag containing mis shapen toffee and mallow eggs - good times!
From my Mum's Facebook post, i suspect I am getting a Lindt bunny. I shall smile and say thank you but it is not an upgrade!
Which Cadburys was that?? I worked at the one in Moreton.

lane

Veteran
Interesting review on a money saving programme yesterday evening. As you would expect some eggs poor value for money when compared wih weight of chocolate purchased in bar form. Worst was 150% more expensive. The surprising thing was that Galaxy and Thornton you got more chocolate in the egg for the money than buying a bar - Thornton was 33% more than if purchased in bar form.

I purchased two cream eggs yesterday but no comparison with bar becuase it doesn't exist.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

Small world - my late dad used to work for Cadburys too.

As kids we used to look forward to the Easter list (and the Christmas one too) coming round for us to order our treats.

And they definitely used the good stuff for easter eggs.

Interesting review on a money saving programme yesterday evening. As you would expect some eggs poor value for money when compared wih weight of chocolate purchased in bar form. Worst was 150% more expensive. The surprising thing was that Galaxy and Thornton you got more chocolate in the egg for the money than buying a bar - Thornton was 33% more than if purchased in bar form.

I purchased two cream eggs yesterday but no comparison with bar becuase it doesn't exist.
Gentle cough

Dave 123

Legendary Member

I helped rewire that place in the late 1980’s

classic33

Leg End Member
Rowntree Mackintosh's used the same grade chocolate, not so certain about Nestle.

Both parents worked for them, RM, so always knew what we'd be getting. Preferred the same amount moneywise, in sweets though.

Top Bottom