Easy North Herts Ride 21st Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Luke
Do you have your fixed built yet?
I will be riding the fixed as have broken the L/H shifter on the Ribble. I am not getting the new bike out until the sun is shining and the roads are clean.

Busty old bird Stevevw
Cayo Pro
Simple Simon
Redflightuk
TheDoctor
Paulus
Topcat1?
Tynan? if he gets a lead out.
Davywalnuts - he is always up for a ride then cries off. This time he says no so will probably turn up. :angry:
Watton Wheelers

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
topcat1 said:
Yes i'll probably get the train up, any cafes at the station for a quick cuppa?

The Hertford stations have a small shop that sell crap coffee. Watton does not have any shop but my kitchen will be open from approx 7am. Limited menu I’m afraid Tea, Coffee, Muesli and Porridge. May be some eggs if the chickens are laying.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Is this ride doable on fixed?
I may bring the s/s along then, as the front mech on my winter hack has fossilised.
Unless...no. Not the Brommie.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Is this ride doable on fixed?
I may bring the s/s along then, as the front mech on my winter hack has fossilised.
Unless...no. Not the Brommie.

Should be fine fixed / Single speed up to 72" Mine is geared 48 - 18 70.67" can be a bit spinney at times but comes in handy getting me up some lumps. We will probably have a couple of the Watton lot on fixed too.

redjedi

Über Member
stevevw said:
Luke
Do you have your fixed built yet?
I will be riding the fixed as have broken the L/H shifter on the Ribble. I am not getting the new bike out until the sun is shining and the roads are clean.

Fixed is no-where near ready yet. I've got wheels to build and lot's of parts to order.

I won't be coming on this ride though. I did have plans for this weekend but they've changed so I will be riding, I just can't be bothered to get up really early to get there in time :wacko:

I was actually up your way (fnaar) last weekend in Royston. That's where I picked up the bike from.

I'll see you on the FNRttC.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I think ill be joining Luke on the London Sunday ride peeps. I just know am not going to be in any conditon to ride 100+ miles hungover on 3 hrs sleeps...

Have fun though!

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Not bad. Overcast, 5 degrees and 8mph SW

So for the ride nice tailwind on the way out while climbing and a slight head wind while decending on the way back.

We have bright sunshine this afternoon which is nice.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Steve , sorry mate i'm gonner pull out of this, i'm not too keen on riding icy roads. Catch up with you soon.
tc

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Been a nice sunny warmish day today, looking good for tomorrow. And I have a new front shifter so will be riding geared after all. :girl:

Top Bottom