Eating before a ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Why do I always think I can eat a sandwich, or something bulky, and then do a bike ride. Got pains after about 20 mins in. I usually have something to eat an hour before I go out, but today I thought I could get away with it. Spent the whole ride, 15 miles, 56 mins, with a nagging pain.

Back at base now, the pains have gone.

I can usually take small amounts of food in on longer rides, except for some of the more stodgy energy bars.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Often over-eat a full size plated family meal before jumping on my bike for a fast, spirited 10 mile ride to work 5 minutes later (often at ave speeds around 17-18mph) and never feel bad for it. We're all different I guess?

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Often over-eat a full size plated family meal before jumping on my bike for a fast, spirited 10 mile ride to work 5 minutes later (often at ave speeds around 17-18mph) and never feel bad for it. We're all different I guess?
I had Pyloric Stenosis as a baby, I have a large scar across my stomach, I think it plays up with food + riding = total pain.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Upset stomach after carbs in my experience is usually 1 of 3 things.

1) you dont have enough water in your body for digestion-and physical activity so you just haveall this food rolling around your stomach.
2) body doesn't send blood to your gut whilst excercising as it would rather have it going around to cool you off etc

Because you don't have enough water in your body.

Top Bottom