eb*y disputes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A
I'm still within the time limit for paypal, through whom I did pay. I've just opened a 'case' with paypal so we shall see where that leads.
I've been communicating with the seller so I can forward paypal all of my correspondence by way of evidence if need be.

montage

God Almighty
Velocity in portsmouth is it? (sorry - sidetracking from thread)

OP
OP
A
montage said:
Velocity in portsmouth is it? (sorry - sidetracking from thread)

It is indeed.
Friendly up to a point but pricey, although with a customer like me I can hardly blame them for trying to up-sell. And local enough to carry my bike to if it's not rolling.

OP
OP
A
automatic_jon said:
It is indeed.
Friendly up to a point but pricey, although with a customer like me I can hardly blame them for trying to up-sell. And local enough to carry my bike to if it's not rolling.

Now I've said that you're going to say you work there now aren't you?

Crankarm

Guru
Good luck with Paypal. I recently bought a DSLR on ebay that turned out not to be as described. Contacted seller - no response after nearly 14 days, so was about to start an Ebay dispute and the bugger replied with a vitriolic angry you can swivel type of post. So started the dispute with Ebay buyer protection which says if seller does not resolve the matter satisfactorily then Ebay will credit the buyer with the amount they paid. But Ebay will on no account re-imburse return postage costs if it is not your fault which is rough. They say to settle this with the seller. So after 8 days (2 days left the seller offered a refund but still ignored my several emails). So I sent the DSLR kit back to him in London via Royal Mail Special Delivery fully insured, guaranteed next day before 1pm as this was the only method to have it insured for the full value and tracked. Cost £22.50. Anyway the fecker says it doesn't arrive and suggests I sent it to the wrong address as no card left at his address although RM tracking say they attempted delivery :biggrin:. The fecker then says hew went out for half the morning anyway and he'll get it re-delivered the following tuesday. The fecker can't be bothered to go to his local RM sorting office to collect it on saturday morning! Anyway another 4 days pass and I hear nothing. Item is shown as delivered monday at 12.41pm. I email him monday night - nothing, then tuesday night to enquire whether he got the camera (I know he has) and the fecker just replies "Yes". What a rude ar$e. He also tells me he his going to resell the DSLR for more than I won it for on Ebay. He refuses to re-imburse me for the return postage even though it is his fault the camera is not in the "excellent and unmarked unscratched condition" he described. It had numerous scratches marks and looked well used. No response.

But then the fun really starts. I email to enquire why he hasn't refunded me? (It's 3 days later Paypal account still shows nothing). He starts stalling to refund saying it is a Paypal problem. So I call Ebay again. Who are not really interested, but then I have read all the T&Cs for sellers. If Ebay has to get involved for a second time then the seller loses all their fees. Ebay assures me that my money £660 will be back in my Paypal account in 3 days time. It wasn't. Next thing is the seller says he cannot make refund as he doesn't have a bank account linked to his Paypal account so will take some time to get his account verified. So I send a very stern email to him saying he has had 10-14 days since he was told to refund to set this up. His communication and organisation are very poor. Where's my money? He stalls me again saying it is Paypal's fault. I ring Paypal explaining the situation. They say call Ebay. I call Ebay and go through the whole saga with some one else who cannot understand or speak Ingrish properly. They say call Paypal. I call my credit card provider instead saying I want to dispute the transaction under s.75 of the CCA 1974 and would like a chargeback. The operator in India I speak to doesn't even know of Paypal or Ebay!!!!! She says they do not have EBay in India..... She is not aware of the CCA 1974 let alone s.75.

So where I am at now is, that I spent an hour today in my local bank in the UK explaining that I am getting no help from their credit card customer services in the Phillipines. I go through the whole saga again that the camera was not as described and was returned several weeks ago, by tracked and fully insured Royal Mail Special Delivery. I have yet to receive a refund. The woman in my UK bank was very understanding and helpful. She understood 1st time what was required. She called a few people, it took some time, but the amount is now in dispute and has been suspended from my account. She said that apparently their call centre had it down as a simple refund :ohmy:!! On which I would have to pay interest and charges until it was credited to my account which would mean I either pay the £660 to avoid interest and late payment charges or the amount is credited to my account by the seller via Paypal (which he is stalling). Quite how they had arrived at the conclusion it was simple refund when I spent 40 minutes on the phone to some woman in India who had agreed to suspend the amount last friday and would send me the necessary documnentation which I have yet to receive, I just don't know :biggrin:.

The UK branch official was to the point and helpful as customer service should be. None of this "I am sorry to be glad to be making your expectations" sh1t from the Phillipines or India :rofl:! The first person I spoke to couldn't even speak or understand Ingrish unable to conduct a fairly basic conversation. He hadn't even heard of the Consumer Credit Act let alone s.75! I then requested to speak to some one else who could speak English and had to wait another 18 minutes. This person was a slight improvement but just as ignorant. In the end I demanded to speak with some one in the UK. She refused to put me through. I insisted, she relented, but said I would have to wait 15 mintues to get an answer. Some 20 mintues went by and she came back on the line. No I couldn't speak with any one in the UK who could resolve this. Bye. WTF!

So some relief for the time being. Still no refund from Paypal or no sign of the payment promised by Ebay under their Buyer Protection Buy with Confidence Slogan. What a load of b0ll0ocks Ebay are.

Still I have reported the seller to Ebay and have yet to leave feedback which will be my revenge as he will NEVER trade on Ebay again after I have completed it. I have even offered not to leave negative feedback, despite me wanting to do so, if he refunds me in full including return postage. He has ignored my numerous requests and hand written letter in with his returned camera. What an a-hole! When I finally get my money I'll post his Ebay name on here as he is a sh1t not to be trusted. I told him he has to describe items accurately and not mislead. He has made some rather distasteful remarks in the few responses he has made. Desribing a DSLR camera as "in excellent, unmarked condition. I can see no scratches or marks on it, very little use" and when it arrives and I find there are quite a few on the screens and body, and it clearly is a well used example, naturally I am very disappointed and feel a tad ripped off! It is not good enough. Then he says "What do you expect? It's a used item!"

Avoid Ebay at all costs. Most stuff being auctioned there is either nicked, faulty or some one else's junk they want to off load.

Crankarm

Guru
vernon said:
Is there anything you don't get very angry about? :sad:

Are you just trying to be provocative or are you just a tool? Pray, what would you do if some one refused or was stalling to refund you your £660.00? If you haven't a constructive answer then crawl back from whence you came :wacko:.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Crankarm said:
Are you just trying to be provocative or are you just a tool? Pray, what would you do if some one refused or was stalling to refund you your £660.00? If you haven't a constructive answer then crawl back from whence you came :sad:.

I rest my case.

I really can not recall a positive posting from you.

I'd love you to prove me wrong.

Guvnor

Crankarm said:
Good luck with Paypal. I recently bought a DSLR on ebay that turned out not to be as described. Contacted seller - no response after nearly 14 days, so was about to start an Ebay dispute and the bugger replied with a vitriolic angry you can swivel type of post. So started the dispute with Ebay buyer protection which says if seller does not resolve the matter satisfactorily then Ebay will credit the buyer with the amount they paid. But Ebay will on no account re-imburse return postage costs if it is not your fault which is rough. They say to settle this with the seller. So after 8 days (2 days left the seller offered a refund but still ignored my several emails). So I sent the DSLR kit back to him in London via Royal Mail Special Delivery fully insured, guaranteed next day before 1pm as this was the only method to have it insured for the full value and tracked. Cost £22.50. Anyway the fecker says it doesn't arrive and suggests I sent it to the wrong address as no card left at his address although RM tracking say they attempted delivery :sad:. The fecker then says hew went out for half the morning anyway and he'll get it re-delivered the following tuesday. The fecker can't be bothered to go to his local RM sorting office to collect it on saturday morning! Anyway another 4 days pass and I hear nothing. Item is shown as delivered monday at 12.41pm. I email him monday night - nothing, then tuesday night to enquire whether he got the camera (I know he has) and the fecker just replies "Yes". What a rude ar$e. He also tells me he his going to resell the DSLR for more than I won it for on Ebay. He refuses to re-imburse me for the return postage even though it is his fault the camera is not in the "excellent and unmarked unscratched condition" he described. It had numerous scratches marks and looked well used. No response.

But then the fun really starts. I email to enquire why he hasn't refunded me? (It's 3 days later Paypal account still shows nothing). He starts stalling to refund saying it is a Paypal problem. So I call Ebay again. Who are not really interested, but then I have read all the T&Cs for sellers. If Ebay has to get involved for a second time then the seller loses all their fees. Ebay assures me that my money £660 will be back in my Paypal account in 3 days time. It wasn't. Next thing is the seller says he cannot make refund as he doesn't have a bank account linked to his Paypal account so will take some time to get his account verified. So I send a very stern email to him saying he has had 10-14 days since he was told to refund to set this up. His communication and organisation are very poor. Where's my money? He stalls me again saying it is Paypal's fault. I ring Paypal explaining the situation. They say call Ebay. I call Ebay and go through the whole saga with some one else who cannot understand or speak Ingrish properly. They say call Paypal. I call my credit card provider instead saying I want to dispute the transaction under s.75 of the CCA 1974 and would like a chargeback. The operator in India I speak to doesn't even know of Paypal or Ebay!!!!! She says they do not have EBay in India..... She is not aware of the CCA 1974 let alone s.75.

So where I am at now is, that I spent an hour today in my local bank in the UK explaining that I am getting no help from their credit card customer services in the Phillipines. I go through the whole saga again that the camera was not as described and was returned several weeks ago, by tracked and fully insured Royal Mail Special Delivery. I have yet to receive a refund. The woman in my UK bank was very understanding and helpful. She understood 1st time what was required. She called a few people, it took some time, but the amount is now in dispute and has been suspended from my account. She said that apparently their call centre had it down as a simple refund :wacko:!! On which I would have to pay interest and charges until it was credited to my account which would mean I either pay the £660 to avoid interest and late payment charges or the amount is credited to my account by the seller via Paypal (which he is stalling). Quite how they had arrived at the conclusion it was simple refund when I spent 40 minutes on the phone to some woman in India who had agreed to suspend the amount last friday and would send me the necessary documnentation which I have yet to receive, I just don't know :biggrin:.

The UK branch official was to the point and helpful as customer service should be. None of this "I am sorry to be glad to be making your expectations" sh1t from the Phillipines or India :biggrin:! The first person I spoke to couldn't even speak or understand Ingrish unable to conduct a fairly basic conversation. He hadn't even heard of the Consumer Credit Act let alone s.75! I then requested to speak to some one else who could speak English and had to wait another 18 minutes. This person was a slight improvement but just as ignorant. In the end I demanded to speak with some one in the UK. She refused to put me through. I insisted, she relented, but said I would have to wait 15 mintues to get an answer. Some 20 mintues went by and she came back on the line. No I couldn't speak with any one in the UK who could resolve this. Bye. WTF!

So some relief for the time being. Still no refund from Paypal or no sign of the payment promised by Ebay under their Buyer Protection Buy with Confidence Slogan. What a load of b0ll0ocks Ebay are.

Still I have reported the seller to Ebay and have yet to leave feedback which will be my revenge as he will NEVER trade on Ebay again after I have completed it. I have even offered not to leave negative feedback, despite me wanting to do so, if he refunds me in full including return postage. He has ignored my numerous requests and hand written letter in with his returned camera. What an a-hole! When I finally get my money I'll post his Ebay name on here as he is a sh1t not to be trusted. I told him he has to describe items accurately and not mislead. He has made some rather distasteful remarks in the few responses he has made. Desribing a DSLR camera as "in excellent, unmarked condition. I can see no scratches or marks on it, very little use" and when it arrives and I find there are quite a few on the screens and body, and it clearly is a well used example, naturally I am very disappointed and feel a tad ripped off! It is not good enough. Then he says "What do you expect? It's a used item!"

Avoid Ebay at all costs. Most stuff being auctioned there is either nicked, faulty or some one else's junk they want to off load.

I take it you have the address of this fella? obviously, you must have to send the camera back to him. Can you not pay him a visit?:biggrin:

On a serious note. I would'nt touch paypal with a very very long barge pole! I had the pleasure of being ripped off by these thiefing b**tards a couple of years ago! Complete tossers!!

S_t_e_v_e

Veteran
Ebay is relatively safe shopping... just use paypal... any disputes via paypal are usually resolved in the buyers favour...

go through paypal - resolution centre - open a dispute - "item not as described" - leave the "dispute" open until you get your money back..... do not CLOSE the dispute until you get your money.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
S_t_e_v_e said:
Ebay is relatively safe shopping... just use paypal... any disputes via paypal are usually resolved in the buyers favour...

go through paypal - resolution centre - open a dispute - "item not as described" - leave the "dispute" open until you get your money back..... do not CLOSE the dispute until you get your money.

That's exactly how I've found it both as a buyer and as a vendor. I've only received one item that was marginally adrift of its description. All transactions have been satisfactorily concluded including a surface mail shipment of magazines that took 67 days to reach New Zealand - I was more fretful than the buyer.

I've never had to resort to open a dispute and regard this as being the normal state of affairs.

I have encountered other folks' tales of dispute resolution via PayPal and all of them have happy endings.

Crankarm

Guru
vernon said:
That's exactly how I've found it both as a buyer and as a vendor. I've only received one item that was marginally adrift of its description. All transactions have been satisfactorily concluded including a surface mail shipment of magazines that took 67 days to reach New Zealand - I was more fretful than the buyer.

I've never had to resort to open a dispute and regard this as being the normal state of affairs.

I have encountered other folks' tales of dispute resolution via PayPal and all of them have happy endings.

Well aren't you the lucky one ..............

OP
OP
A
I wasn't aware of the disputes that can be opened until someone opened one against me as a seller. I was selling off some old goth stuff and a pair of boots went missing in the post. I told the buyer I'd refund him when I got back from holiday as I was unable to do it on my blackberry and he opened a case in the meantime. But it was all resolved by me doing exactly what I said I'd do, when I said I'd do it.

I'm trying no to be that guy in this case but I think I'm well within my rights to hold the seller responsible for the condition of the item, ignorance not being a defence when it comes to withholding a refund. Especially when the item was in a condition too dangerous to use.

Crankarm

Guru
Guvnor said:
I take it you have the address of this fella? obviously, you must have to send the camera back to him. Can you not pay him a visit?:biggrin:

On a serious note. I would'nt touch paypal with a very very long barge pole! I had the pleasure of being ripped off by these thiefing b**tards a couple of years ago! Complete tossers!!

Yes, I did return the camera to him as stated above. He didn't even have the courtesy to contact me to say he had received it which gives some indication of the lack of his good faith.

I suppose I could pay him a visit but would he likely have my money? And where does it end? He might pay me a visit.

I bought a car headlight about 5 years ago on Ebay, one of my first purchases. When it arrived the seller had omitted to mention it had a huge stone chip hole in the middle of the lens, and his picture did not show it, meaning it was useless. I couldn't get a response from the seller so opened an Ebay dispute - no resolution through this and it timed out and I couldn't re-open it. I opened a Paypal dispute which too timed out and they closed it then kept sending me irritating emails asking how their successful their resolution had been :laugh:. Neither Ebay or Paypal would give me the seller's address so I couldn't return the item or pursue the seller for re-imbursement, so I got nowhere and lost £26. So after this recent camera experience I will never ever use Ebay or Paypal ever again. Their guarantees are simply a fiction.

Top Bottom