eb*y disputes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Crankarm said:
Well aren't you the lucky one ..............

It seems if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any......

Civility cost nothing but I find your tirades against all and sundry whose stance or behaviour doesn't match your questionable standards tiresome.

I am not trolling just posting an opinion based on your vitriolic ill-tempered rantings.

Sending me intemperate emails won't work by the way. If you want to be nasty do it in the public eye for its entertainment value.

Crankarm

Guru
vernon said:
It seems if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any......

Civility cost nothing but I find your tirades against all and sundry whose stance or behaviour doesn't match your questionable standards tiresome.

I am not trolling just posting an opinion based on your vitriolic ill-tempered rantings.

Sending me intemperate emails won't work by the way. If you want to be nasty do it in the public eye for its entertainment value.

Your posts aren't funny any more. I have not atttacked or insulted you. I find your very personal comments directed at me distasteful and very unpleasant. So please take your nasty comments elsewhere. And just for the record to those watching I sent you PM asking as much. There was NOTHING intemperate about it. Instead of replying to me privately you have chosen to post your reply here.

Shaun

Founder
Crankarm - vernon - I'm sure many people will have had similar experiences to both of you, and equally share your negative and positive feelings and experiences of ebay.

However, please be considerate of each other and if you can't find common ground, simply agree to disagree.

There's no need to make it personal.

Thanks,
Shaun ;)

OP
OP
A
Update: I've just had the refund authorised by paypal so I shall be off to the post office as soon as I've finished this cup of tea. As I understand it the seller cannot refuse this so it's a win for me what ever she says.

And yes, some people on ebay are terrible bar-stewards but looking around at the general public, why would you expect it to be any different.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I haven't too many problems with ebay yet. I bought one PC recovery disk from someone who was barely literate, and it was useless, but I didn't waste too much money on it. Then I bought a cheap Windows XP installation disk, but my PC wouldn't read it. I contacted them, didn't get a response, so left some negative feedback. Then they contacted me about the feedback and discovered my previous e-mail had gone into their junk mail folder. They refunded me in exchange for removing the feedback. I'm not sure I trust the feedback ratings too much. It's too difficult to leave negative feedback, and sellers often ask you to leave them five stars on everything as anything else is regarded as negative. I think you're better off buying from power sellers than individuals for expensive stuff, as their business really suffers from bad feedback.

vernon

automatic_jon said:
Update: I've just had the refund authorised by paypal so I shall be off to the post office as soon as I've finished this cup of tea. As I understand it the seller cannot refuse this so it's a win for me what ever she says.

And yes, some people on ebay are terrible bar-stewards but looking around at the general public, why would you expect it to be any different.

Glad it's worked out for you.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I tried to sell a car seat once (don't ask ;) ) . I pointed out I couldn't post it, so buyer would need to collect. Auction was 'won' by a guy at the other end of the country. I sent him an email to point out what I'd put about collecting it... he said he'd realised that, but often came up my way on business... arranged a date for pick up, then a few days before, he told me couldn't make it... for my trouble (which was nothing really) he sent me a tenner through the post, and told me to put it back up for sale. in the end, I gave it away, and spent the tenner on beer, and sent a nice friendly email to the fella.

It can be a nice place, sometimes.

Crankarm said:
Go and troll somewhere else.

;)

Ah, the troll smiley. It's never far behind your first post on a thread, is it?

vernon

Rhythm Thief said:
Yes, me too. Nearly 300 transactions as both buyer and seller and I've had to get ebay to issue one non payment strike against someone. Which they did. To say "Most stuff being auctioned [on Ebay] is either nicked, faulty or some one else's junk they want to off load" is ridiculous.

All of my transactions have been smooth.

I'm so glad that people want to buy my faulty nicked junk - I've just cleared £416 on four highly sought pieces of broken tat ;)

Paid for within minutes of bids closing, despatched within the hour of payment being received. Goods to be recieved less than 24 hours after paying for them.

Satisfaction all round is a forgone conclusion based upon seven years of buying and selling.

Top Bottom