Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
It doesn't have the usual Rourke seat stay wrapround, can anybody see what's panto'd on the seat stay cap?

Shaun
It has the Reynolds 531 Respray stickers, I bet it's been rebadged 'Rourke'.
I've asked the seller the question, will let you know if I get a reply.
I've never seen downtube shifters attached to the frame in such a way.

*Edit-The owner has replied saying it is a Battaglin and he will be amending his description.

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
It has the Reynolds 531 Respray stickers, I bet it's been rebadged 'Rourke'.
I've asked the seller the question, will let you know if I get a reply.
I've never seen downtube shifters attached to the frame in such a way.

80's aero fad LOL

They were all at it :smile:

IMG_6542.JPG

Shaun

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Damn, that wasn't what I was trying to show you, I couldn't've copied the link :rolleyes:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dawes-Ult...670707?hash=item237c9f4f73:g:m0IAAOSwUKxYjZoU

I am strangely drawn to that, I love the garish colours. So what can people tell me about it, I assume late 80s or early 90s and low spec? Maybe a 24" frame?

I am strangely drawn to that, I love the garish colours. So what can people tell me about it, I assume late 80s or early 90s and low spec? Maybe a 24" frame?
Reynolds 500 is basically plain gauge 501 so it's not gonna be the lightest frame, but then it's probably 25" or 25.5" so you're not going to want tinfoil tubes ;)
Components are okay nothing special but if the frame feels nice enough, bits can be updated or just improved. Garish is a bit harsh, how about charmingly 90s? :smile:

Top Bottom