Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Like this
holdsworth-trike-conversion.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not vintage, but why? :eek:

$(KGrHqF,!osFD+KiDljJBRFUoP2TDw~~60_58.JPG

icycle

I am selling a Joe Waugh Colombus Tubing Bike on Ebay with Shimano 105 Set, Mavic wheels and Kevlar Tyres. Just a beautiful bike that needs a great new owner. It was hard to know of its worth and didn't want it to go at 99p! What are your thoughts? Anyone in here looking for one or know someone looking? Thanks

I am selling a Joe Waugh Colombus Tubing Bike
I'm guessing that will be THIS one then?

If you don't mind me saying though your starting bid is simply too high.

I do appreciate what you say about not wanting it to go for 99p, but there's now way that would happen with a bike like this IMO, but at the same time I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend that much on it either. The beauty of a low price auction is it tempts people to spend a bit more than they maybe planned, so you might be surprised what it goes for, and don't forget you can still set a reserve even it you start it off at 0.01p, although I wouldn't bother myself.

It could be a really nice looking bike and I'm sure it would attract a lot of interest. I'd have been insterested myself if I hadn't recently bought a similarly specced bike for £100.

You need to market it right as well. I'm 6' 5" and tall guys do struggle fidning decent bikes TBH.

If I were you I'd take it off sale, absolutely mint it up so it looks the dogs nads, get it outside in natural light and re-take your pictures.

The content of the pictures you've taken is great, but the light, the setting and the preseentation of the bike isn't TBH, no offence meant.

All the above is meant in a wholly constructive way, and I hope you take it accordingly.

Good luck :thumbsup:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is local to me. Just a thought; does it have different size front and rear wheels?

$(KGrHqV,!isFERT69Z!zBRF8Wbgeug~~60_58.JPG

And yes, he's not properly done the fixed thing since he's basically left the chainring on, removed the shifters, disconnected the rear brake and apparently used a smaller rear wheel from something else! Or ... the wrong size wheel meant the rear brake doesn't fit :thumbsup:

icycle

I'm guessing that will be THIS one then?

If you don't mind me saying though your starting bid is simply too high.

I do appreciate what you say about not wanting it to go for 99p, but there's now way that would happen with a bike like this IMO, but at the same time I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend that much on it either. The beauty of a low price auction is it tempts people to spend a bit more than they maybe planned, so you might be surprised what it goes for, and don't forget you can still set a reserve even it you start it off at 0.01p, although I wouldn't bother myself.

It could be a really nice looking bike and I'm sure it would attract a lot of interest. I'd have been insterested myself if I hadn't recently bought a similarly specced bike for £100.

You need to market it right as well. I'm 6' 5" and tall guys do struggle fidning decent bikes TBH.

If I were you I'd take it off sale, absolutely mint it up so it looks the dogs nads, get it outside in natural light and re-take your pictures.

The content of the pictures you've taken is great, but the light, the setting and the preseentation of the bike isn't TBH, no offence meant.

All the above is meant in a wholly constructive way, and I hope you take it accordingly.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great advice. I agree the photos were taking at night with a rubbish camera and lighting. Maybe I'll try again next year. As may take it to workshop when I have the time to re-grease all the parts and clean it up and take some better photos. I'll see how it goes though. As I'm always positively hopeful on catching people who is just looking for their perfect bike. As this bike deserves that.

Top Bottom