Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Discussion in 'Vintage and Classic Bikes' started by porteous, 8 Jan 2012.

1. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

I dont think its 725 but

2. ORO

ORO Active Member

Don’t think you are missing anything. Appears to be a very basic bike. Could 7.25 be a hint re value!?

biggs682 likes this.
  3. buzzy-beans

buzzy-beans Well-Known Member

Wasn't 725 introduced in 1997 and surely the bike in question is older than that?

4. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

People need to be careful with stuff like this. The cottered steel cranks suggest a basic-spec bike from no later than the 1980's, like the Raleigh racer I had as a kid. However, something doesn't add up here; no-one building a custom bike would bother with a Reynolds frame then fit cottered steel cranks!. It would be cheaper to use a bog-standard hi-tensile frame and budget alloy cotterless cranks and the bike would probably still be lighter! Unless a frame comes from a known builder (or can be accurately weighed in a bare state sans components to determine it's likely material composition) I would be very wary about Reynolds tubing stickers found on secondhand bikes and frames.

buzzy-beans and Alan O like this.
  5. midlife

midlife Veteran

biggs682, Alan O and woodbutcher like this.
  6. biggs682

Well that's my thoughts as well

7. midlife

midlife Veteran

Not sure why but it looks like a Puch, maybe not a Prima but close.....

biggs682 likes this.
  8. biggs682

Last edited: 4 Feb 2018
  9. midlife

midlife Veteran

The Viscount pitched up in my era, the frames were surprisingly light and well made..... I'd like one :smile:

68e69bbba11949c0f36de34c77fd8cac0140f13e.jpg

The problem was they tried to do bottom bracket, hubs, chainset etc and it all seemed to unwind.

I always wonder what might have happened if they had stuck to frames? Probably gone the same way as Speedwell?

biggs682 likes this.
  10. biggs682

They do come up from time to time and like those 2 i put up in very original condition

woodbutcher likes this.
  11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Über Member

If anyone is seriously interested l have this which l would sell . This isn't a totally up to date photo but lm happy to take a few new ones.

Attached Files:

biggs682 and arch684 like this.
  12. biggs682

mmm tempted for sure

13. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Über Member

You know what "they" say about temptation, Yield to it ! :smile: To be fair its probably only me that says that.
    The problem in the past has been the cost of getting anything across the channel but l have a contact with a van who does the trip now and then and he is willing to take things from time to time for a reasonable price. Just to say that from my point of view there is no hurry and the bike will be available anytime because l am not going to advertise it.

biggs682 likes this.
  14. Montsegur Horsefly

Montsegur Horsefly Active Member

biggs682 likes this.
  15. Alan O

Alan O Über Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice