Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ORO

Don’t think you are missing anything. Appears to be a very basic bike. Could 7.25 be a hint re value!?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
People need to be careful with stuff like this. The cottered steel cranks suggest a basic-spec bike from no later than the 1980's, like the Raleigh racer I had as a kid. However, something doesn't add up here; no-one building a custom bike would bother with a Reynolds frame then fit cottered steel cranks!. It would be cheaper to use a bog-standard hi-tensile frame and budget alloy cotterless cranks and the bike would probably still be lighter! Unless a frame comes from a known builder (or can be accurately weighed in a bare state sans components to determine it's likely material composition) I would be very wary about Reynolds tubing stickers found on secondhand bikes and frames.

midlife

Guru
The Viscount pitched up in my era, the frames were surprisingly light and well made..... I'd like one :smile:

68e69bbba11949c0f36de34c77fd8cac0140f13e.jpg

The problem was they tried to do bottom bracket, hubs, chainset etc and it all seemed to unwind.

I always wonder what might have happened if they had stuck to frames? Probably gone the same way as Speedwell?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The Viscount pitched up in my era, the frames were surprisingly light and well made..... I'd like one :smile:

View attachment 394606

The problem was they tried to do bottom bracket, hubs, chainset etc and it all seemed to unwind.

I always wonder what might have happened if they had stuck to frames? Probably gone the same way as Speedwell?

They do come up from time to time and like those 2 i put up in very original condition

woodbutcher

Veteran
mmm tempted for sure
You know what "they" say about temptation, Yield to it ! :smile: To be fair its probably only me that says that.
The problem in the past has been the cost of getting anything across the channel but l have a contact with a van who does the trip now and then and he is willing to take things from time to time for a reasonable price. Just to say that from my point of view there is no hurry and the bike will be available anytime because l am not going to advertise it.

Top Bottom