Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
This one's got people all over bikedom chucking hissy fits. Hipsters deserve to have their nostril hairs removed slowly, one by one.

I can think of some other hairs that I would remove, equally slowly. The sellers are a bunch of chancers, they were advertising an overpriced steel frame only recently - but put wheels on it so it looked like a complete bike. Only if you read the small print it said it was just a bare frame. They're not in Finsbury Park either so they can't even get that right, Thane Villas is in Holloway, know it well.

midlife

Guru
This viscount still seems to have some of the original stuff attached?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viscount...305393?hash=item1cacbf5831:g:zaoAAOSwQWxbCp1S

s-l300.jpg

wonderdog

Titlist rear mech has "Titlist" on it, Crane rear mech has "Crane" on it :smile: ......I'm sure that rear mech is a Titlist.
Correct, and certainly on mine, the rear derailleur was a Crane. I think the Titlist appeared on the front pretty much across the Viscount model range. Mine has its original stem also - which seems a rarity. Also the original seatpost - half thereof, jammed well down in the tubing. (Don't ask).

midlife

Guru
Correct, and certainly on mine, the rear derailleur was a Crane. I think the Titlist appeared on the front pretty much across the Viscount model range. Mine has its original stem also - which seems a rarity. Also the original seatpost - half thereof, jammed well down in the tubing. (Don't ask).

As everyone knows I'm a fan of first gen Dura Ace ....... especially the black which was exotic at the time :smile:

It still irks me that the black Dura Ace kit first came with the black Crane RD

CF546703-EBFE-4267-A274-D1B93DA2F09C.jpg

wonderdog

As everyone knows I'm a fan of first gen Dura Ace ....... especially the black which was exotic at the time :smile:

It still irks me that the black Dura Ace kit first came with the black Crane RD

View attachment 411559
The black Dura Ace was standard fitout on the top of the line Viscount ... can't remember what it was called - maybe Viscount Superbike?? I've only ever seen one example but it was a stunning with its polished frame set off against the black hubs and the rest of the black highlighted groupset. Like the original Suntour Superbe it was prob the most beautiful iteration of the breed where less is more.

midlife

Guru
The black Dura Ace was standard fitout on the top of the line Viscount ... can't remember what it was called - maybe Viscount Superbike?? I've only ever seen one example but it was a stunning with its polished frame set off against the black hubs and the rest of the black highlighted groupset. Like the original Suntour Superbe it was prob the most beautiful iteration of the breed where less is more.

Like this :smile: .not mine....

2015-06-14-09-36-56-jpg.jpg

They also did a 600-EX version

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Not just me that thinks that then :okay:

Oh, and I've a matching maroon one (hopefully) arriving this week that (apparently) looks like the one below. Not that I would know anything about that :whistle:

s-l1600-jpg.jpg

Top Bottom