Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
It is but just keep quiet and smile, don't even attempt sarcasm , it is way over their heads ^_^
Poor things , and don't even attempt a simile or a euphemism or you may receive a comment like, "oh you British you are so quaint " :banghead:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Pulled this one out at random from Le bon coin where there are currently 17,500 plus bikes for sale in France. You really could waste your life away searching this lot .
Anyway asking price is €150 , dunno if that is good bad or indifferent.
6bdb30765c0025aaa26499efd8a043e87bcec7c6.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
And still with over 9 days to go it already past the £100 mark............. Don't these ebayers know how to grab a bargain is to not show your hand until far closer to the end of the listing?

I've noticed that if top quality/exotic kit gets listed with a silly low start price, like 1p or 99p, it really seems to get the punters worked up and the final price often goes well above what it might have achieved with say a £100 start.
I reckon a lot of the bids come from watching punters who are not really interested in buying the item at all, but who merely want to smoke out the "serious" bidders and see how high they are prepared to go.

funk2monk

Not long to go on this one, seems to have a strange mix of parts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geoffery...849228?hash=item3fcd82eccc:g:fXEAAOSwYS5dkLtM
I will give you an update as I bought this and collecting on Saturday??
Hopefully a good buy.........!
Well Ive collected the Geoffrey Butler and the gamble seems to have paid off!!!
Campagnolo large flanged hubs front and rear with Mavic rims Campagnolo chain set and crank very light and hopefully should clean up ok.
Seat has been removed
Aluminium, worm is quite prolific on brakes but will replace these as well as the levers.
Original eBay photo for reference.
Cleaned pictures to follow..............!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom