Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

What about a Raleigh Record Sprint?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-...046201?hash=item1cdaecf379:g:YMgAAOSw0L9dm5PJ

£50 buy it now, no front wheel and in Halifax.

Bye

Ian

davidphilips

Veteran
Has any one else noticed how cheap older groupsets are going for no Ebay? Seen some ultegra 9 speed groupsets go for very little one went for under £50 a 6500, then even seen a 10 speed Ultegra think it was a 6600 go for £104, yet at the same time second hand STIs seem to go for as much as the compleat groupsets ? Some times prices seem very cheap and now seems to be a good time to buy up on groupsets?

woodbutcher

Veteran
Has any one else noticed how cheap older groupsets are going for no Ebay? Seen some ultegra 9 speed groupsets go for very little one went for under £50 a 6500, then even seen a 10 speed Ultegra think it was a 6600 go for £104, yet at the same time second hand STIs seem to go for as much as the compleat groupsets ? Some times prices seem very cheap and now seems to be a good time to buy up on groupsets?
Watch the prices go up now :smile:

davidphilips

Veteran
Watch the prices go up now :smile:
Lol, Hope not as i am stock building for future projects, Know what else seems to go (some times) very reasonable are almost new wheels, bought a pair of WH-Rs330 Shimano wheels with tyres and tubes only about 300 miles on them for £89 including delivery,plus a set of new Shimano WH-r550 for £80 and that included delivery also from Ebay, there are some great deals at present.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A bit battered but £20 start for a big Carlton Cyclone in South Yorkshire: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carlton-...Retro-Vintage-Leroica-No-reserve/174084923301

s-l1600.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Sellers can hope for what they want, but what they actually get is another matter.... The location and scruffy condition suggests to me it isn't going to fetch top dollar, especially into November! Personally I'm a bit wary of listings that are liberally sprinkled with the words "retro" "vintage", and "Eroica" anyway - which tends to reduce the chance of picking up a genuine bike at a bargain price. The less cycling buzzwords used and the more vague the description, the better in my book. Poor photos are a bonus.

Sellers can hope for what they want, but what they actually get is another matter.... The location and scruffy condition suggests to me it isn't going to fetch top dollar, especially into November! Personally I'm a bit wary of listings that are liberally sprinkled with the words "retro" "vintage", and "Eroica" anyway - which tends to reduce the chance of picking up a genuine bike at a bargain price. The less cycling buzzwords used and the more vague the description, the better in my book. Poor photos are a bonus.
But it's got a leather saddle !

Top Bottom