Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
My opinion is the Caad 9 (with threaded BB) was and still is the the best Caad bike ever, Know the 10,12&13 are more modern all with internal cables and press fit BB, lighter and stiffer. Having said that only own a Caad 8@9 but have cycled or owned most Cannondales
Was the Caad9 the last model built in the US? I was thinking more towards the CAAD 4 Or 5, as the 9 doesn't appear to be painted in the red with yellow decals that I like. I've heard that the 3 is quite a harsh unforgiving ride too. I currently own 2 CAADX cross bikes and had another prior that. Nice 'go anywhere' bikes and the welds are fairly neat but apparently the finish on the USA models was supposed to be much better. The welds on some of today's Cannondales are quite rough looking IMO.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
731OS-framed Bob Jackson - 21" frame from 1992 - in West Yorkshire for £250 start: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bob-Jackson-731OS-steel-road-bike-700c-very-good/164247130894

Chris S

Legendary Member
It seems like prices are getting more realistic now that the lockdown is ending.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Ti Raleigh Record - 531 framed - in Wakefield for £149 start: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Retro-Ti-Raleigh-Record-in-Reynolds-531/193527263949

s-l1600.jpg

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Was the Caad9 the last model built in the US? I was thinking more towards the CAAD 4 Or 5, as the 9 doesn't appear to be painted in the red with yellow decals that I like. I've heard that the 3 is quite a harsh unforgiving ride too. I currently own 2 CAADX cross bikes and had another prior that. Nice 'go anywhere' bikes and the welds are fairly neat but apparently the finish on the USA models was supposed to be much better. The welds on some of today's Cannondales are quite rough looking IMO.
Welds were filed smooth on older Cannondales. Some people stripped the paint off and found a certain amount of plastic body filler too! I stripped my old M1000 and it was free of filler, although the extrusion marks on the tubes meant it could never take more than a brushed/satin finish - polishing it fully was out of the question.

Top Bottom