Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I must confess I know nothing about carbon Looks, I would however pay carefully attention to that top tube. Is it just paint damage or something more?
I see what you mean, it looks like damage in the photograph but it is actually sunlight reflection ! Actually l am in the same boat as you regarding my knowledge of carbon Looks. Although Look France have been extremely good at answering my questions , they even went as far as emailing me PDF's for every Look catalogue from 1987 to 2019 , fascinating stuff !

I see what you mean, it looks like damage in the photograph but it is actually sunlight reflection ! Actually l am in the same boat as you regarding my knowledge of carbon Looks. Although Look France have been extremely good at answering my questions , they even went as far as emailing me PDF's for every Look catalogue from 1987 to 2019 , fascinating stuff !

Ohh I love a catalogue.^_^ Do we have somewhere here to download them? If not there is a section over on retrobike.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ohh I love a catalogue.^_^ Do we have somewhere here to download them? If not there is a section over on retrobike.
I don't know if l can download them to CC , l will ask the mods. There are an awful lot of them (all in French, pas de problème je suppose )
I know what you mean about catalogues , l scour the world for Look stuff and l have just bought three from 2010 from a guy in Australia . Obsessive or just nuts ?

woodbutcher

Veteran
Of course the ultimate would be
LOOK-695-Mondrian-Super-Record.jpg

So far all l have is
santini-la-vie-claire-wonder-radar-look-retro-cycling-jersey.jpg

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I don't know if l can download them to CC , l will ask the mods. There are an awful lot of them (all in French, pas de problème je suppose )
I know what you mean about catalogues , l scour the world for Look stuff and l have just bought three from 2010 from a guy in Australia . Obsessive or just nuts ?
It would be good to to see the earlier Look catalogues: I cycled the Tourmalet on a steel Look (with a lowest gear of 39/23) and it's a lifetime memory. A lovely bike it was. :smile:

woodbutcher

Veteran
It would be good to to see the earlier Look catalogues: I cycled the Tourmalet on a steel Look (with a lowest gear of 39/23) and it's a lifetime memory. A lovely bike it was. :smile:
I meant to ask if the frame was Reynolds 753 by any chance ?

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I do recall it had Columbus decals & the frame was mainly purple, but can't remember the model or the specific Columbus tubing. What may help to date the bike, was the 8 speed 105 groupset (which I continually couldn't get used to - too many years of Campagnolo).

The catalogues will be interesting. :smile:

The company rightly get a lot of appreciation for their pioneering pedals & fine carbon frames - their steel frames are well worthy of respect too. There an absolutely beautiful Columbus framed Look KG 243 here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191523

An associated RB thread states a KG243 was built in Neuron OS by Billato in Italy.

Last edited:

woodbutcher

Veteran
I do recall it had Columbus decals & the frame was mainly purple, but can't remember the model or the specific Columbus tubing. What may help to date the bike, was the 8 speed 105 groupset (which I continually couldn't get used to - too many years of Campagnolo).

The company rightly get a lot of appreciation for their pioneering pedals & fine carbon frames - their steel frames are well worthy of respect too. There an absolutely beautiful Columbus framed Look KG 243 here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191523

An associated RB thread states a KG243 was built in Neuron OS by Billato in Italy.
I don't want to make you envious but here's my own KG243

woodbutcher

Veteran

Oh l forgot , the link to all the catalogues is now on the "Vintage and classic bikes" section !

Top Bottom