Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@feckless - it's about 3 miles from me if you need it picking up ;)

Many thanks, but my issue is that I'm looking for a restomod, all I need is a half decent 21" 531 frame, preferably Falcon.

The eBay bike is in lovely original condition with decent components. I'd only ruin it (and take to to the other side of the world).

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Got £150 to spend in Yorkshire? Then you've options of:

A 1983 Bill Nickson - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144273496157

or

A 1948/49 renovated Holdsworth: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275011797050

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I can see that Holdsworth fetching a bit
Yes, it's rather nice

Good morning,
I can see that Holdsworth fetching a bit
I love the rod front mech and the closely spaced chainrings but;
  • I would never buy it,
  • Its not a bike that people would pay a lot for based on its spec,
  • It has been renovated so it is not in original condition, new paint, 1970s rear mech, new saddle etc.
  • It doesn't have an obvious resale value for a trader to buy and immediately resell. although I have seen a few ebay dealers who simply put things up for £999 or £1,999 that I would value at a few hundred quid and just wait.
So I reckon that it will go for 1 or 2 bids and under £200, there I have just made a fool of myself in public.:smile:

(Edit 6 Nov 06:06 - Prediction not going too well, up to £287 but only 2 bidders.:sad:)
(Edit 9 Nov 07:05 - up to £510)
(Edit 10 Nov 07:06 - Went for £510)

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@IanSmithCSE I understand your comments and in some respects I agree with you.
But Holdsworth's have a good following especially the older ones and a lot of the hard work has been done on this one and it looks in a rideable condition

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning,

I love the rod front mech and the closely spaced chainrings but;
  • I would never buy it,
  • Its not a bike that people would pay a lot for based on its spec,
  • It has been renovated so it is not in original condition, new paint, 1970s rear mech, new saddle etc.
  • It doesn't have an obvious resale value for a trader to buy and immediately resell. although I have seen a few ebay dealers who simply put things up for £999 or £1,999 that I would value at a few hundred quid and just wait.
So I reckon that it will go for 1 or 2 bids and under £200, there I have just made a fool of myself in public.:smile:

(Edit 6 Nov 06:06 - Prediction not going too well, up to £287 but only 2 bidders.:sad:)

Bye

Ian
Up to £320 At the moment.

Top Bottom