EBAY: Campagnolo chain rings 52 and 42 tooth.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Rigid Raider said:
I've got a spare 42 but I might make a bid for the 52. I don't think I've ever changed mine so it must be getting a bit worn by now (20,000+ miles). I'll take a look at it before I go out for a ride later.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Colin, it's definitely used but very little as there are changing scrapes but no obvious wear. Can email a closer picture of the teeth if you want.

ColinJ

Twenty Inch said:
Colin I have a complete chainset if you need it.
Thanks, but I already have spare 30 and 42 rings and there's nowt wrong with the cranks (mind, I might get another 39 instead of the 42).

I've been really struggling to get the chain up onto the 52. It could be just chain wear but I think the little rivets which are supposed to help pick up the chain are worn.

My cassette is very worn. If anyone has a mint condition 9-speed Campagnolo 14-28 cassette I'd certainly be interested in buying that. NB I already have two 13-26 cassettes so I'm not interested in one of those and I don't want a 13-28 because I'd rather give up the 13 to keep a rather more useful bigger sprocket.

Make sure you keep your chains clean folks and change them before they get too worn! I didn't do either and now my whole transmission is on its last legs.

ColinJ

Rigid Raider said:
Colin, it's definitely used but very little as there are changing scrapes but no obvious wear. Can email a closer picture of the teeth if you want.
Thanks, but I'll take your word for it. I definitely will make a bid, but a fairly low one because I'm skint and I need to buy a new cassette as well. The 14-28 that I want is relatively expensive (best part of £40 including p&p).

ColinJ

Okay, I've got my bid in.

If I don't win, I might come back to you Twenty Inch. As a matter of interest is it a double, compact or triple chainset? What rings?

ColinJ said:
Okay, I've got my bid in.

If I don't win, I might come back to you Twenty Inch. As a matter of interest is it a double, compact or triple chainset? What rings?

I'll have a look. Would prefer to sell whole chainset though - it deserves a good bike.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks Colin, well done! It'll be in the post at lunchtime.

Any meets planned for the Easter break?

ColinJ

Rigid Raider said:
Thanks Colin, well done! It'll be in the post at lunchtime.
Cheers!

Rigid Raider said:
Any meets planned for the Easter break?
I'm free all weekend, and haven't got anything planned yet. If the weather is good, I'd like to get a decent ride in.

I'm doing Spring Into The Dales on the 19th and the Brian Robinson Challenge on the 26th so I'll probably steer clear of the areas covered by those events.

Hmm, perhaps I'll head out into the Forest of Bowland again? I might do a century ride from Hebden Bridge calling in at Spring Wood picnic site, like those rides I organised last summer, but taking an alternative route.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Shan't be around on the 19th or 26th but let me know if you are thinking about a Bowland ride as I'd be interested over the 4 days of Easter, especially Sat/Sun. I've a pal who is interested too, not a big cyclist but a strong walker & ski tourer.

Top Bottom