ebay down turn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I've been selling stuff on ebay since about 2006 at a rate of about 85 items per year so I'd call myself fairly experienced in the world of ebay selling these days

so over the last few months (dare I say since Brexit) it appears that nothing sells on ebay compared to my experiences of the past 10 years - have people stopped shopping in general, or is it just ebay?

Chris S

Legendary Member
What are you selling? I buy things of ebay that I can't easily get in local shops. In the past few months I've bought a Stirling engine, a Rubik's cube and a kaleidoscope.

I've also bought a thermometer and a circuit tester. Even when I added in the P+P they were still cheaper than my local Wickes.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd rather use a site where PayPal is not required and I can use a credit card. As above, I use it very occasionally if cheaper or something isn't available elsewhere. Nothing do with the Brexit vote

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I used to buy from eBay, but now I find that Amazon is far better value, and returning items is easier. Amazon are much more professional than eBay as well.
yes, I think people consider ebay to be like a regular shop accepting retunrs etc. in reality it's people selling secondhand stuff and a load of delboy types selling dodgy stuff and fakes - perhaps ebay is going out of fashion at last

there was a time when anything would sell on ebay but now I can't shift a thing

vickster

Legendary Member
What are you selling? And how are the prices compared to new? Or used on Amazon?

I expect a significant difference on an eBay price versus say Amazon (min 10-20% less) if I have to use Paypal

screenman

Legendary Member
Maybe money is getting a little tighter, we have for some reason seen some everyday things go up in price and those with a fixed income may not have much left.

Reactions: mjr

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
eBay's still pretty good for buying cheap Chinese geeky stuff...pneumatics, temperature sensors, controllers, you name it. Some of it is so cheap that it hardly matters if it turns out to be junk. Chinese sellers seem to bend over backwards to avoid bad feedback.

classic33

Leg End Member
Some sellers are over pricing what they're selling to start with.

But with some shops now selling on there as well, where's the difference to buying the same item on there, using PP. From their site, using PP, or their shop using cash?

Top Bottom