Ebay scrap Chopper wants £320!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
:ohmy:

I have one in only slight worse condition....

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Chopper prices were pretty buoyant about 5 years ago, good examples of the Mk1 get strong prices, esp the rare variations. Crisp examples of the Mk2 go for around the £300 mark. Special edition Chopper possibly twice that. I've seen quite a few comedians come into the market expecting to get top dollar for what is, and has been said - scrap. The clowns are deluded. Period. if thats worth £320, how much doe that make my very clean Mk2 worth...

P9110081.jpg

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
If it's got the proper handlebars stick it on eBay for £700!
Doesn't even have that in its favour:
It has the wrong handle bars as my wife had these changed on purchase to normal handle bars.

if thats worth £320, how much does that make my very clean Mk2 worth...

Now that IS a nice example of a Chopper, right down to the 70s lights and speedometer. Obviously had a lot of TLC and money spent on it, unlike the POS on ebay. I sincerely hope the seller gets nowhere near that price, it would only serve to feed greed.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just made an offer for the ebay scrapper. 99 pence was as low an offer as ebay would allow, and even at that I feel I am being overly generous! I left the following message for the seller....
£320? Surely some mistake. Have you missed the decimal point after the 3? That scrapper belongs in a skip!
Wonder if I will get a reply. I just hope he doesn't accept my offer, it will cost me a run to the local tip. ^_^

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Because it is meant to be a Chopper Sprint he thinks its worth big bucks, as has been said it has the wrong bars.

I've ridden one of these and is the most uncomfortable and unstable ride ever. Remember Keegan back in the 70s/80s in Superstars riding one of these jokes?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I really wanted a chopper what I was a kid, but I wasn't allowed to have one. Now I could have I would probably hate it, though there looks like a nice mk1 on the bay ATM that I could BIN.

Cavalol

Guru
I always wanted one, then rode my mate's from Ellesmere Port to Chester and hated it. Also did I imagine it or was there a spate of people breaking various limbs falling off the things?
I do recall the front wheel would turn VERY quickly with it being small and because there wasn't really any weight being put on the front (due to high handlebars) this also made them very jittery, this probably being the cause of that.

I'd have one now but more for display use than riding. Spokesmann, your's is just fantastic!

Top Bottom