Ebay small irritating problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I sold a relatively small value bike component recently. It was on for sale as a buy now or make me an offer basis. A buyer duly made an offer which l accepted and an invoice which included postage was sent through ebay. That was two days ago and l haven't heard from the buyer and the invoice hasn't been paid !
Has anyone had this type of experience and if so do you have any advice on how to resolve the problem ?
Just to add that l am quite happy to withdraw the item from sale if that is the correct way to proceed :smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Contact ebay and they will chivvy the buyer up to get on with it.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Message the buyer direct.
Hi, just letting you know ive packed your item and will post as soon as I’ve received payment.
Kind regards ....
I have had a message from the buyer to the effect that ebay will not accept his credit card and he proposed that his flatmate pays with his card but he is asking for my email address which is linked to my PayPal account so that he can make the payment !!
I am not totally sure about this ie scam or no scam , whats your opinion if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
He does need your e-mail address for PayPal. Not paying through eBay is unusual, though.

I've experienced quite a few joybidders and wasters on eBay. If they don't pay within the allowed period, you can simply cancel the transaction, register a non-paying bidder alert and re-list the item for free.

alicat

Legendary Member
I'd be a bit wary. It's a small value item so presumably he has a debit card that he can use. Or indeed he could use his flatmate's card to pay via Ebay.

I'd be tempted to stand firm and tell him to pay via Ebay by the end of the allowed period or you will do what @rogerzilla says.

D

Deleted member 23692

He doesn't need your email address to pay with PayPal if you ask him to pay via PayPal.me ... once set up all you do is give them your personal web link and they pay through that . . your details are totally hidden

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I have had a message from the buyer to the effect that ebay will not accept his credit card and he proposed that his flatmate pays with his card but he is asking for my email address which is linked to my PayPal account so that he can make the payment !!
I am not totally sure about this ie scam or no scam , whats your opinion if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me?
When I’ve bought and sold things on CC you always need an email address which is linked to a PayPal account.
I think it’ll be fine.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Walk away. He'll claim non-delivery and you lose out both ways. Been there, had the lost cash and item.

Top Bottom