ebay - utterly shameless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I agree with your point, but I guess they (ebay) think that they are upholding their responsibility by deleting the reported listings. Writing in a script that alerts them to every shady deal would probably cost them far too much. And besides, some cheap deals may actually be legitimate.
They couldn't prevent 'every' dodgy listing, whatever resources they threw at it; but they could certainly scoop up a very high proportion with very little effort or expense. They already collect most of the relevant data. ('Currently trending at...'). Anything egregiously out-of-norm gets flagged up for human intervention. Simple. It's hard to avoid entirely the suspicion that one thing dissuading them from making any effort is that they currently benefit from a lot of 10%s of dodgy transactions.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Last Friday somebody in China was selling a Pashley for just under £25. I sent them a message asking if the decimal point was in the wrong place and I got a reply about having to wait 25-35 days for the item to arrive. I reported them to ebay and the item had been removed by Saturday morning. Ebay do actually take notice of the reports.

Top Bottom