Eccentric eno hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I use one. It does what it says on the can, and is nice and shiny.

It's handy to have a small adjustable to hold it still as you are tightening the bolts, otherwise the twist can put the adjustment out a little.
The actual wheel axle moves on a 7.5mm radius circular arc, so as you adjust the chain tension the wheel will rise up or down.
This means you may also have to adjust the brake block position at the same time as the chain tension, and depending on whether you position the axle above or below the dropout may mean that you have insufficient brake reach, or no mudguard clearance. A half link may still be desirable to get the axle roughly where you want before fiddling with detailed chain tension.

I use mudguards, so I replaced the rear brake with a deeper drop model and use the hub with the axle positioned downwards and backwards. In this quadrant any axle movement due to pothole impact etc will tend to tighten the chain. This may be why I've never had to adjust my chain tension as frequently as I've heard some people report they have to.

2old2care

Über Member
I use one. It does what it says on the can, and is nice and shiny.

It's handy to have a small adjustable to hold it still as you are tightening the bolts, otherwise the twist can put the adjustment out a little.
The actual wheel axle moves on a 7.5mm radius circular arc, so as you adjust the chain tension the wheel will rise up or down.
This means you may also have to adjust the brake block position at the same time as the chain tension, and depending on whether you position the axle above or below the dropout may mean that you have insufficient brake reach, or no mudguard clearance. A half link may still be desirable to get the axle roughly where you want before fiddling with detailed chain tension.

I use mudguards, so I replaced the rear brake with a deeper drop model and use the hub with the axle positioned downwards and backwards. In this quadrant any axle movement due to pothole impact etc will tend to tighten the chain. This may be why I've never had to adjust my chain tension as frequently as I've heard some people report they have to.

Have you had any problems when swapping from fixed to free with chain alignment, as I've found I have a problem with the difference in offset of the two cogs. Also what width chain do you use?

Top Bottom