Eclipse lightweight tubes (30g)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Hello chaps

To go along with a set of novatec sprint wheels (1360g) I am considering using these eclipse tubes as well. At £40 a pop or slightly less my LBS would do them for me, they come up pretty high up on my £ to weight
loss ratio.
Is anyone using them?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just get some Michelin latex tubes. Not much more in weight and about £8.

Or indeed Conti super light tubes, or what ever. Very very thin.

What tyres you running ?

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Ultremo zxs, woooooshhhhh here we come :whistle: £8 aint bad is it! I know a lbs selling kenda like tubes for more lol

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mich latex... Do it.

I run them with Pro Race 4 Service Course and they are amazing. £40 tube is crazy though.

75g for the Air Comp Latex and a 200g tyre is light given the stem size.

The Conti supersonics are really thin, and a bit lighter

Globalti

Legendary Member
Agreed, latex tubes are fab. However for long term use I do find them fragile, even the damned cat managed to puncture mine with a claw when she made a grab for it.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Just put Michelin latex tubes in my Mavic Yksion tyres. Weighed the factory fitted Mavic (?) tube, 79gm. The AirComp latex weighed 83gm, and for comparison AirStop butyl (my year round, default tube) 95gm. Race 28 Light are the lightest tube I have 'in stock' at 76gm (including 1 patch!). All 23s, 40mm valve, no dust cap or washer. Can't comment on the ride quality as yet, but if you are after the lightest tube it may not be a latex one.

Top Bottom