Eclipse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking a bit 50:50 at the moment, sun is out just now but a fair bit of cloud about

Levo-Lon

Guru
Last one in 99 was the real 'crucified Jesus' jobbie, very dark and still. but this one will be dissapointing. I'll be driving north west around 9,30 so lets see if I need my lights on?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's bright here with little cloud :bravo:
Mr SL is currently making a pinhole viewer. I'm going out riding at 9.50....it's to peak at 9.35 may need my lights then!
Sunny here too so hope to see it. Completed the Strava climbing challenge and my legs are gubbed so I thought I would go for a wee recovery spin and tootle along and maybe see it when I am out. Don't think I will need lights?? I can always stop until it is over if it does get dark. :smile:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Sunny here too so hope to see it. Completed the Strava climbing challenge and my legs are gubbed so I thought I would go for a wee recovery spin and tootle along and maybe see it when I am out. Don't think I will need lights?? I can always stop until it is over if it does get dark. :smile:
Not sure it will get dark enough to need lights but mine are still on the bike from winter so.....
I can't wait to get them off and remove the mudguards :wahhey:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 3599240, member: 9609"]we have some blue sky here 30% ish cloud moving quite fast so if it stays like this I should get a view.

I wonder how safe it will be to be on the bike this morning - not only will drivers be distracted in trying to look at the phenomena, but once they have glanced at it, it will be a few minutes before their eyes adjust to being able to see stuff like cyclists.[/QUOTE]

They SEE Cyclists normally??

MarkF

Guru
The last one I saw was when I was in France, about fifteen years ago. It was a beautifully hot day. The eclipse came on and the air temperature fell by about 10 degrees C. The strangest thing was that all the birds stopped singing. Magic.

Me too, I went to Laon in France under the central line of totality equipped with some welders glasses, it was a clear day until 20 mins before the eclipse, and was again, 20 mins after. :cursing: It was strange though, everybody was excited in a party atmosphere, but as soon as the sun went, it was total silence and oddness.

I've taken the morning off work to enjoy today under a perfect West Yorks slate grey sky.

Top Bottom